I was at my wits end with obsessive, intrusive thoughts. So anxious and the SSRI I was taking was no longer working. I was placed on clomipramine and I felt a change as of the first day I took the lowest dose. I'm now at 100 mg and feel better than I have in years. The intrusive thoughts are gone and I feel good.

I have severe OCD, have taken so many different classes of meds w/o much relief. Doctor just raised dose to 75mg a week ago- had reaction with fast heartbeat, crazy loud buzzing in ears, muscle pain; along with ongoing side effects of dry mouth, flushing, sore throat and anorexia. This med did not help alleviate OCD for me.

jake | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/23/2020
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

caused me extreme mood instability and racing thoughts.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/16/2020
Condition: Depression

I used it since about two years . It improve my mood but I suffered from lack of memory , palpitation

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/6/2018
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Worth the side effects -- dry mouth, constipation. Keeps me balanced and employed -- would be a problem without it.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/26/2017

Felt results almost instantly. Low dose but it's helping me sleep & that's what I've needed for years. Recommend it for anxiety, depression & insomnia.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/9/2017
Condition: Anxious

I have been taking 100mg of clomipramine per day. I believe that it helps me sleep. I recently developed ringing in my ears which may be a side effect of the drug. Other than that I have not experienced any side effects.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2017
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I have bipolar and OCD. As soon as I started this medicine i went into hypomania. I will go for a couple days not being able to sleep then ill sleep for a couple days in a row. It has been a nightmare. Cycling between mania and depression every other day. Not to mention the constant twitching in my legs and feet that i didn't have before i started this medicine

xyz | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2017

ozziboy | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/4/2017
Condition: Anxious

Suffering from invasive thoughts, anxiety, panic.It works for me. This is the only drug that gives me relief. This drug has harsh side effects. You definitely need to build it up slowly and reduce slowly when coming off. Some people are unfortunate and react harshly to this drug so consider that it may affect you too but definitely worth trying as for many people, it really works.

OCD1025 | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/3/2017
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I had severe OCD (to the point of not recognizing reality). I've now been on this for a year at 300mg. It's worked better for me than any SRI's. It took away about 90% and the rest I can manage. This has been a wonderful drug for me. I have side effects (very dry mouth and constipation), but the results are worth it to me.

Catrina | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/18/2016
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

This drug has been a life saver for me. I was in a very dark place with severe OCD and anxiety. I'd tried numerous other medications that didn't work and I had lost hope of getting better. Within 4 weeks of taking clomipramine I saw improvements. It's amazing. I really didn't think anything was going to help me but this drug proved me wrong. The only downside is the side effects, but I'd much rather tolerate them than the hell I was going through. Dry mouth, occasional shaking, weak and sore muscles (arms and legs), nausea. Read More Read Less

Suze | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/18/2015
Condition: Panic Disorder

It took a while for the medication to kick in but it did after 8 weeks. Quite effective for OCD and helps greatly with my insomnia. I rarely have panic attacks nowadays, it almost completely disappeared.

MB1aaa | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/3/2014
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

This drug had a bad reaction for me. Had heart palpitations even on 10mg. Went up to 20mg on Doctors request. Continued to have palpitations for over a week. Couldn't sleep and felt very agitated towards the end of my trial on this drug. Now weaning myself off and feel like I have the flu; feel so tired all over, cannot even stand up long enough to fix myself something to eat. Horrible chemical.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/3/2014

Guido | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/6/2014
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Have been taking 100 mg daily, for almost a month. Have had NO side effects whatsoever. My OCD was so bad that I would count endlessly, every day. This med worked almost immediately. Would highly recommend.

we8mna | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/21/2013

clomipramine verses alprazolam

FamilyGuy | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/2/2012
Condition: Anxious

I am long married and have children. I have been precribed 25mg of Clomipramine tablets by the doctor for premature ejaculation under Anxiousness. I use them once or twice a week, 5 hours before sleep/performance, found them very effective in increasing the time. I prefer to use it once on weekend as the medicine takes 8-12 hours to put me under its affects and then around next 8-12 hours to get rid of its effects completely. I personally donot want to use it 24/7 due to its side affects and affecting my daily life efficiency of doing office mental work, driving etc. I sometimes get loose stomach if eaten near meal and sometimes mild sickness/nausea type symptoms only.Read More Read Less

tampaharper | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/8/2012
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I believe it caused uncontollble eating and hence wt. gain

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/27/2012
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I have been on clomipramine for more than 3 years, and it has worked very well for me and my OCD. Main side effect for me is constipation.

yolalola | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/5/2012

Amazing!

ocd | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2012
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Was hospitalized for 8 days. The unwanted thought took over and I vomited each time the thought entered my mind. Luvox didn't help much but Ananfranil is really helping so far.