My PSA level has been elevated (6-10) for over 20 years. I have had 3 negative biopsies. I am a microbiologist with a PH.D in biochemistry and researcher into mycoplasma infection. Mycoplasma has been implicated in non-specific pneumonia and to some extent in urethritis. After a round of treatment with zithromax for a finger infection (self-prescribed) I noticed a reduction in night urination ...

12 year old son had an an allergic reaction and went into anaphylatic shock

Breno7791 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/26/2019
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

It cleared up my ear infection, but now I have hearing loss that may be permanent. On prednisone to try and save my hearing. Fingers crossed!

Cynderly | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/20/2019
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

Taking this medicine as a child and early 20s was great and I never had any issues. Though, the last time I tried this (March 2018 or so), I took the first dose without food and within the first hour, I had terrible side effects-bad diarrhea, nausea, and light-headedness enough to almost make me faint. I was very close to calling 911 since I was afraid and alone. The symptoms subsided within a couple hours, but I felt the nausea the following day. I do not know if this was because I didnâ??t eat with it and ate ice cream after it, but I was very surprised to experience all that. Weeks after, I went to a GE because I was having burning stomach pain and aches after eating lunch for a couple days-thought I was going to need my gallbladder removed, but turns out my digestive system just could have â??resetâ? after the antibiotic. I donâ??t know if I would try taking it again!

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2019

I was prescribed this for a sore throat and fever. Sore throat is gone but now I’m vomiting. I would very much take the sore throat any day over what I’m dealing with right now. I have never dealt with anything like this with other antibiotics. I’m never taking this again.

Frightened | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/8/2017

4 months ago I had the flu and took 3x 500mg of Zithromax about 2 weeks later I developed hearing loss (blocked ears) I went to the doctor who said he could not find anything wrong with my ears. He sent me to the ENT who also could not find the problem. About 5 weeks later my hearing suddenly returned. 2 weeks ago I came back from London with the flu and again went on a 3 day course of Zithromax - suddenly today i have hearing loss in my right ear. It was too co- incidental, so I looked up the side effects of Zithromax...and there it was HEARING LOSS!!! I have no idea what to do now since my job requires me to LISTEN! I am an executive coach. I am praying that my hearing will self-correct hoping it will not take another 5 weeks or be permanently damaged this time. This is very scary.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2015
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus Pneumoniae

given 250mg zpack for sinus infection..did not work at all...had upset stomach, diarrhea, aches,very tired, no appetite, and infection ended up in pneumonia !