This drug has been given to my mom for 17 months. She's had 12 months of good quality of life on it and only recently began having real problems: fluid in the lung cavity, shortness of breath, congestive heart disease, severe tiredness. She was diagnosed in July of 2009, is inoperable, and is still fighting.

severe nausea, easy to get infections. I NEVER FEEL GOOD ANYMORE. This is my second time taking Gemzar. Ihave much advanced IBC since 2004.

archie | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/15/2016
Condition: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

I developed respiratory pneumonia from Gemicitebine and ended up in the hospital for a week.I still have not recovered entirely.

Kellyr2k | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/11/2015

I had this drug + Taciturn (sp) I had so many side effects i had to stop. They started small and got much worse. Persistent nausea and vomiting, sever edema from my feet to around my lung a and heart. I increasing became weak. I went from a cane to a walker to a wheel chair. Switched to a different chemo and the symptoms disappeared.

hipgrandmapat | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/19/2015
Condition: Cancer of the Ovary

Just started treatment so too early to say

Ray | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/17/2014
Condition: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

No real problems with this drug by itself. Some irritation in the veins.

Deborah | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
3/28/2014

My Mother was given Gemcitibine for Gallbladder cancer. And she asked her oncoloigist how effective it was.His answer was 25% or less. If I was a cancer patient- I'D RUN FROM THE HILLS TO STAY AWAY FROM ANY ANY HARMFUL TREATMENT AS CHEMO OR RADIATION. They DON"T cure cancer. THEY ARE A $ MAKER FOR THE DRUG COMPANIES. THAT DON'T CARE IF YOU LIVE OR DIE! Don't believe me-Do a LOT of research. I'd seek an alternative Dr. Like Berzinski in Texas. Not surre if that is the correct spelling of his name. But also read Suzanne Somers book-she beat cancer-not using harmful drugs. That do nothing but make you more weak! SHAME, SHAME SHAME-on our medical system.