I had three boils coming up in my vaginal area. The result from an infection from three fractures in on my ankle. It was getting very difficult to sit. The pharmacist sold me a tube of Ichthammol ointment and instructions on how to use. The warm compresses were a welcome relief.But I received total relief within a couple hours of applying the ointment. It was amazing how the boils came together as...

treatment of sabacecious cyst, to dry up and get rid of the soreness. ths is the topical solution in a light greenish looking small tube. smell though

Juliet | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/5/2020

I've had big boils (infected cysts) all my life and several have been professionally cut open and drained--sometimes they came back. Now I use Ichthammol ointment instead, under a bandage. In a couple of days, it brings the boil to a head and then it blows open on its own so the infection can come out. I keep the ointment on until it's all out. (Tons of stuff comes out). The salve helps the healing afterwards as well. Best of all, the salve immediately alleviates the pain of boils when you apply it. But keep a big bandage on for when the puss starts coming out, and change bandages regularly. Ichthammol is also antibacterial and antifungal, so it creates a sterile environment. I can't live without this stuff! I couldn't believe I went so long without even knowing about it!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2020

When our children were small, my sister worked at a "mom and pop" pharmacy. She bought me a tube as a gift because customers were swearing how wonderful it was for removing splinters. In my 27 years of parenting, I've NEVER dug out a sliver. We just applied a dab of the ointment to the sliver/sticker, covered with a bandage and the next morning, it was gone!! Our kids called it "stinky sticker stuff"...and I will buy a tube for each of them once they're parents!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/4/2019

When i was a kid in the 60's my mother used this all the time. I once fell and got to gashes on my knee, It became infected. Put the salve on and in 3 days the infection was gone.

Pmill06 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
7/13/2017

Hi, my wife has been dealing with a recurring cyst on her side for 3 years now. Got it drained once 2 years ago but it came back. Put this salve on a bandaid and placed it on my wife monday night on a cyst she had for 2 years. Damn thing brought all kind of junk to the skin surface after only 9 hours. Cyst broke open on her at work tuesday. Pretty messy. Cleaned it up several times Tuesday night cause it was draining like a leaky pipe. Took her to hospital today so doctor could remove the rest of the junk in it. Point is that we got her cyst cleared up in one night. Couldn't get it to rise to surface doing other stuff for 2 years. That ointment works check it out.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient