I have used Allegra for a decade to control and minimize my system's allergic reaction to everything from trees to grasses and from cats to dogs and from mites to mildew-- I'm allergic to everything it seems at times! :-) Allegra 180 has been extremely effective for me, although I do supplement periodically with antihistimine eyedrops and/or a nasal steroid. That said, when pollen and ragweed c...

giershift43 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/16/2020
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I Like what it does for my allergies, but I think it is causing significant stomach upset.

Edna | 75 or over | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/1/2020
Condition: Allergic Conjunctivitis

I was told by med pulmonary specialist to take this and I took it all winter and I kept gaining weight and gaining weight and then I got to feeling better so I sto taking it started losing weight took one the other night, gained 2 lbs.

Jay | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/21/2018
Condition: Hives

Worked well to relive the hives Only question is my blood pressure seemed to jump Anyone else have this issue With this type of medication I could see it happen, just curious if anyone else experienced it to thanks

Emerald | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2018
Condition: Hives

I took this for cholingeric urticaria, as I was told this is an H1 antihistamine blocker. Not only did it do nothing when my hives appeared when exercising, but I had adverse side effects. Chest tightness, and as the day persisted, I developed a mild fever and redness and burning of the face. Did not work. I had such high hopes.

alan reeves | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/22/2017
Condition: Runny Nose

not effective in the least. I want my money back.

Mike | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/7/2016

Why in Allegra TV ad is a female on phone, a car with passengers on road? What do these have to do with Allegra? The ad is stupid - really stupid.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | Patient
8/8/2016
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I developed an allergic reaction to allegra. my throat starting swelling up,so did my face, was scary. Beware you can develop allergies to antihistamines.

Relieved RN | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/30/2016
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I have taken 180 mg every day for over a decade Recently I developed severe foot, leg and hand cramps. No cause could be found. While in the hospital for a week I did not take Allegra. The cramps stopped. Upon restarting it at home they came back - severe enough to keep me awake. Guess I"ll have to give up my old friend. Thanks for the sites that pointed out this rare side effect. Hope it helps others

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/24/2016
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

Took appropriate dose and not 30 minutes later, back to runny nose, sneezing, itchy nose and eyes. Everything this claims to relieve for 24 hrs. I get maybe 1 hr of said relief if im lucky.

CardinalSlug | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/3/2016

If you are allergic to fexofenadine, then Allegra is completely useless to you and your review is completely useless to everyone else. Lets try to not waste each other's time. I am not allergic to fexofenadine, but I am allergic to pollen, dander, mold, dust, bug bites, and chores my mother gives me, among others. I have always been a sufferer of allergies and spent many years trying out different treatments: Claritin, Zyrtec, Sudafed, Benadryl, etc., but it wasn't until my doctor prescribed Allegra (fexofenadine) that my body finally found peace. If one were to take (any) allergy medication regularly, they would likely rarely experience any symptoms (excluding of course allergies to the medication itself). But I, like most people, tend to think about taking allergy meds only after my eyes are red dry itchy and watery, and/or my nose is congested and runny, and/or my skin itches insatiably. Unfortunately, at this point it is too late. As my doctor explains, "the horses are already out of the barn and closing the door now will do no good." However, fexofenadine somehow manages to bring the horses back into the barn and then keep them there (Note: only applicable with minor symptoms). I've been using Allegra (or its generic versions) ever since and its been about 15 years now and any time my allergies start to act up and I don't wait too long thereafter, Allegra gets everything back under control -probably because I don't mess around and take the 180mg pills which is about 18 times more anti-histimine than the aforementioned competitors. Hope this helps.Read More Read Less

TJLALMom | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2015
Condition: Persistent Hives of Unknown Cause

I also purchased the Costco brand (aller fex)and had an allergic reaction to it. My skin broke out in a rash all over my arms. I had been taking the Costco brand, Aller tec but needed to increase my dose for effectiveness so the doctor recommended switching. Not a good drug for me. I will go back to taking 2 Aller tec. No complications there. I'm glad my reaction was not as severe as one of the reviewers. I have pet and pollen allergies.

Dont use this | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/14/2014
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

First, I would like to start off by saying that I'm not someone that endorses or critiques often. In contrary, I have never critiqued a drug that I can remember in my life. I'm a 33 year old male that has never had any health issues until I had my first bout with allergies around 4 weeks ago. I was having sinus problems, along with other allergy symptoms, so I went into a store and purchased Allegra Allergy for "relief." The first 2 days provided me with so much relief. I even thanked the person that recommended it to me. The night of day 3, however, would become the first night of a horror story. Bluntly, I urinated frequently for days (like all day) with lower abdominal pain (like all day).No prostate issues!!Don't use this guys! Love youRead More Read Less

Seven | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/6/2014
Condition: Hives

I tried the generic/otc version of Allegra and have experienced a number of issues that I see others reporting. I have had difficulty sleeping even though I took the medication in the middle of the day. I have also had increased itchiness on my skin and cramps in my feet.

jaharb1 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/14/2014

I had a severe allergic reaction to a 180 mg Kirkland brand (Aller-Fex) that my friend gave me to try because my allergies were so bad this year and the other medications I had been taking weren't working. I immediately started sweating and I felt dizzy. Shortly after, my tongue started swelling and I had shortness of breath. Luckily I was able to get to an Urgent Care Facility and they took me in right away and treated me and now I'm fine(a day later.) Although I had checked with my doctor before taking this medication, it really was a very frightening experience. Read More Read Less

MJJPrincess | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/2/2014

I have been on this medication since I was 11yrs old. I take it on and off as my body gets used to something I stop if for awhile. It has always been pretty good at helping my allergies, but would have some side effects with some back pain or tiredness. But lately it has been killing my back, very tired and week lately. I am going to stop taking this. I have very bad allergies wondered if any of you can recommend something else?

aa | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/30/2014
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

Has some effect but limited

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/22/2014
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

This works very well, however, I have an increased appetite.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/12/2014
Condition: Hives

Have unexplained hives/rash on face/neck. Has decreased the itch and redness quite a bit (1 12hr, 2x day) but I definitely feel waves of dizziness when it begins kicking in as well as difficulty concentrating and feeling "out of it" for most of the day and I still have some itching, redness and flushing. It's only been about four days so hoping side effects will subside. If I didn't work from home, I would not take it though, the fog is a bit much.

Nina | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/24/2014

After months of puzzling about my sever dizziness and vomiting episode that ended at ER and many tests that ruled out other reasons for my sever dizziness. I just discovered the correlation with taking the Allegra, which I only use episodically when the itching of my eye lid becomes troublesome. The connection, which I had missed was a relief as no one could figure it out as I had not listed Allergra as a medication that I take, as I only took one pill, 180 MG, perhaps every 3-4 weeks and never connected the two!!!Read More Read Less

willie | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient