I have been in the hospital for 6 days and it was finally determined what is wrong with me and hopefully what combination of drugs will make me well. I receive Merrem IV every 6 hours and already I am starting to feel better. Up untill now, nothing was working.

Old Roadie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/22/2015
Condition: Infection of Urinary Tract with Complications

Have Anaphylactic reaction to most antibiotics, particularly Penicillin, Sulfa, Vancomycin, Levofloxacin, Cipro. Merrem binds to the same receptors as penicillin without side effects. One short bout of diarrhea, one odd dream... only noted side effects. Merrem considered usually for catastrophic illness, the big-gun in fighting bacterial infections. It was my only option, and it is working. Will return to edit if any long term side effects occur. Currently in hospital, in treatment.

steve | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/13/2013
Condition: Sepsis Syndrome

This medication isnot made for baratric patients and is very infective as a result. I have taken it for 10 days 3 x day and all it has done is cause me to be sicker and not better.

Merida | 65-74 | Patient
4/21/2013
Condition: Diabetic Foot Infection
Lorraine | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/15/2013
Condition: Bacterial Meningitis caused by Streptococcus

This Drug saved My life. This was the second time I had Bacterial Meningitis which was caused by a tear in the lining of brain.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/18/2011
Condition: Abscess Within the Abdomen

My son was on Merrem for two days and his toes started to have pain. Was on for a total of 10 days and pain increased. His infection cleared up and after his surgeon researched the secondary pain in his feet, he told us that he found out that that 5 cases have been reported having fibromyalgia as a side effect. I guess because it was such a extremely low # of cases reported, it is not general knowledge on ANY web search we could find. We are hoping now that he is off antibiotic, the symptoms will resolve itself. We are happy that the infection cleared up, however a little disappointed that the HH Nurse, Pharmacy and Dr's could not find this side effect info easier.