This drug was great at preventing the motion sickness however the side effects that my wife had isn't worth using it again. She has been off the drug for 7 days now and continues to experience nausea, headaches and a slight dizzyness, which she completely avoided on the cruise?. She hasn't felt good since we came off the cruise.

Horrible, horrible drug. Took it for a cruise.started getting dizzy after removal the day after removing patch. Have been dizzy, nauseous and vomiting , blurry vision for 6days now. Feel awful. Went to dr. but he said he had never heard of anyone getting these symptoms. I hope this goes away soon. Don't know what to do. Please everybody stay away from this drug.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/7/2022
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

I have terrible motion sickness from cars. Just a few minutes in a car and I'll start feeling like vomitting. It does work.. I don't get side effects like other people. Even so, my biggest complaint is that the adhesive is terrible. It only lasts me a day or less before falling off. I highly recommend Perrigo brand instead.. great adhesion.

Eric | 13-18 | Nonbinary | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/17/2022

I took my first dose 5 days ago, and my second dose 2 days ago. One day after my second dosage, I almost fainted, was starting to have hallucinations, and my entire body kept going numb. Currently, my eyesight is quite awful. The only common variable throughout this excursion is the Scopolamine. If I touch my arm, it feels like someone else is touching it. Be very careful when taking this medication, and ask your doctor about side effects BEFORE TAKING IT.

StephM86 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/15/2022

I went to the ER for vertigo. Was given this patch and within 24 hours I was dizzy, nauseous, vision was blurry, panic attacks and literally felt like I was having a stroke. This patch made me feel so much worse than my vertigo. It’s now been 2 days since I removed it and I still feel sick, dizzy and have blurred vision in both eyes. NEVER AGAIN!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/29/2022
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

Took this medication for 6 days, felt like my head was getting drag from my desk. While at work … figure it was the patch took it off that same night and still feeling like crap, dizziness is worse then it was before having it prescribed to me … I’m literally on a beta blocker now because of the anxiety it gave me and having my bp out the roof. It sucks, day 5 off the patch and still miserable.

shipsick | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/10/2022
Condition: Motion Sickness

Used these on a cruise for motion sickness. If I could I would have the FDA ban these horrific patches. They made my head feel like I was in a cloud and oddly almost flu like symptoms, sore throat, body aches, etc. but mostly it was the way it made me feel like I was not even present. I spent almost the entire cruise in my cabin. They also made my mouth so dry that nothing could quench my thirst. Never again!!!!

Shan | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/6/2022
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

I have been using this medication for years now. If I know that I will be traveling or involved in an activity that will make me sick, I'll put the patch on the night before. I do get drowsy during the first few hours of using it, so the best time to use it for me is just before bed so that I sleep off the drowsiness. I joke with my husband that it is "magical" as I had never had any luck with any other type of medication for motion sickness. I get sick very easily and with these, I can actually enjoy traveling. I did make the mistake once and touched my eyes after applying the patch. My pupils did dilate and the symptoms lasted about a day / day and a half. Also, I did experience "withdrawal symptoms" when I wore the patch consistently for over a week. I removed the patch immediately after I got home and then about a day later, I made myself sick driving myself home from work. I spoke with a friend who also uses the medicine and her doctor told her that if she planned on wearing it for an extended period of time, continue to wear the patch for several days after the trip while the medicine lost it's potency and worked it's way out of the body. Overall I am so happy that I can use this medicine. I wish there was a magic "cure" for motion sickness, but this does help tremendously. I have never gotten sick while using scopolamine.Read More Read Less

Itchy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/23/2022

Horrible side effects. Made me itch all over.

Karl Lavoie | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/21/2022
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting After Surgery

I've been using scopolamine 1.5mg for many years now. I can travel by plane, ship, train, etc. without the inconvenience of being sick and vomiting. I've also been using half a patch with the same results.

Miranda | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/15/2021
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

This patch was great at preventing motion sickness on planes, but after using it twice the side effects are too much for me to keep using. I had extreme dry mouth to the point I could barely taste anything, drowsiness and random spurts of blurred vision. At this point I would much rather get sick on the plane then deal with side effects for days after.

SJ | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/12/2021
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting After Surgery

I am suffering from a severe reaction to this. I removed the patch four days ago and my neck is stiff my lymph nodes are swollen, my rash is starting to go away… but the pain is very internal . I’m allergic to ketamine and let my doctor and her team know…. I’m wondering if this is something they shouldn’t of given me. these are the two medicines I’ve only had reactions to.( so very grateful) , And this reaction has been very scary, I presented in the ER the day after with all classic reaction symptoms after a surgical procedure . and they told me I had shingles. I had to suffer with blurred vision ,dizziness, and swollen neck gland an ear….. Please research and inquire for using this. I’m in a lot of pain where they put that patch. Read More Read Less

BAD EXPERIENCE | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2021

80 year old female was given this for vertigo, after 23 days on the patch after experiencing dryness I took it off.... I have been nauseous and confused EVERY morning... somebody please tell me how long these symptoms going to last ? I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS MEDICINE ANYMORE !!! Bad experience and still going through ... please don’t take it!!!

RobS | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2021
Condition: Motion Sickness

If I could rate this stuff 20 stars, I would!!! My wife and I both are very susceptible to sea sickness and we like to scuba dive from boats. Historically, we would tough it out, or just give up and have them take us back to shore if the water wasn't glass smooth. Dramamine/Bonine helped, but after three or four of them, if we managed to stay awake, we wished we were asleep and it was just a bad dream...didn't do much for us. Recently we spoke with our doctor about it and he recommended Scopolamine, so we tried it. We put the patch on in the morning and went on an afternoon and night dive. In Hawaii at the time they were experiencing what the news called "the surge of the decade"...10 foot plus swells. 50' surf at Pipeline, it was impressive! The boat was mid-sized about 30'-40' and was bobbing around pretty good. Neither my wife or I felt any motion sickness at all. None. We were incredulous. After the first dive they gave us snacks...we were hungry and ate the sandwiches. Historically, if we were managing to hang on to this point, there's no way we would have eaten anything without sending it over the leeward side almost immediately. After the second dive, the swells were really strong and you had to hang on to something to not get pitched overboard. I could feel the motion at this point, but not enough to even concern me the slightest. There were a couple side effects worth mentioning, though it would not deter me from using it every time we go out on a boat. The most noticeable for both of us was a dry mouth. Really dry mouth, but we just kept sipping water frequently and it was completely manageable. The other side effect I felt was being a bit loopy. It too was completely manageable. I was cognizant of the effect and it did not deter me from diving, or driving a vehicle, because I did not deem it to be enough to be concerned about. If you're prone to motion sickness...this is the solution!!!Read More Read Less

MJasyd | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/6/2020
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

These things are awesome, my doctor gave me a script prior to going on a cruise since I tend to get motion sickness. The first night of the cruise the people I was with mentioned how rough the sea had been and I had no idea. These worked a charm. No nausea or side effects worth discontinuing.

kjo | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/9/2020

I vomited 5 times post surgery, DID NOT WORK

Maggie | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/13/2020
Condition: Motion Sickness

I tried the patch out for the first time on the water to prevent motion sickness. While it worked in the way that I didn't get sick, I felt a whole lot of other symptoms. For example, Hallucinations, confusion, and delirium were present for 10 straight hours. I was seeing many different colors and things that weren't there. I have never done acid in my life or shrooms but I'd imagine it would feel something like what I experienced with the Scopolamine patch. I was high and very uncomfortable, talking to myself and making comments to people who weren't actually talking to me. I found it very hard to concentrate and my vision was completely blurred. I am a SCUBA diver and I am so glad this didn't happen while I was 100 ft down because the effects could have been potentially fatal. Overall, I would not recommend this patch for motion sickness because it made me feel paranoid and unsafe. STAY AWAY unless you wanna trip really hard. Read More Read Less

rokn1500 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/29/2020
Condition: Motion Sickness

works great. first day, i get dry mouth and feel a little funny. that does away after a first night sleep and this thing works thereafter. i often just use half a patch.

terry120953 | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/22/2020
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting After Surgery

A week ago I had gallbladder surgery. My 1st surgery in 66 years. I didn't want to wake up sick, so my surgeon suggested scopolamine patch. I also took emend (pill) and zofran in the IV. I read horror stories before the surgery and after. Thank God I felt perfectly fine when I awoke and days later. It did work for me, but...I wore the patch for 68 hrs. The first few days very dry mouth and chapped lips, cleared up immediately after the patch was removed. On the 2nd day, Tues, I could hardly pee and it burned. This went away by Wed. afternoon. Wed. morning the patch was removed, I had warm tingling under the skin of my right arm, blurred vision that came on Tues night, left by Thurs, back on Friday afternoon, by Friday night it was gone again. I had a 'less common' side effect from Mon night till last night which was the entire bottom of my left foot (same side as the patch) was numb, felt like neuropathy. This was gone late last night, Saturday. From Tues till Thurs I was a little lightheaded and wasn't walking too good, along with confusion. I think I would have done ok with the Emend and Zofran. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/15/2020
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting After Surgery

I was prescribed a patch to use the night before my surgery, as I usually throw up quite a bit. I put the patch on the night before my surgery, as directed. The next morning, I felt dizzy, and was unbalanced, bumping into walls, and almost slipping on our stairs. Even standing still I would lose my balance. My vision also became blurry - I could not read papers or anything close up. After calling a nurse in the morning, I decided to take the patch off. I will never use this patch again. I was told is was safe, and that it is even used on children. This proved not to be true. I shudder to think this is used on children. I think I would rather throw up at surgery than go through these awful side-effects. I do not feel this drug is safe. My vision is still blurry, and I hope it comes back soon.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/24/2019
Condition: Motion Sickness

I went on a 7 day cruise and am prone to motion sickness so used the patch as directed. By the middle of the week I had an extremely dry mouth, blurred vision/large pupils and worst of all could not even hold a cup of water in my hand. I also did not feel like myself. After removing the patch I felt nauseous and like I was in another world. In addition, I am extremely fatigued and keep feeling like my body is moving in different directions while sitting. Oddly, if I move around I feel slightly better. It has been almost a week and I am really hoping I can feel like myself sometime soon.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
5/19/2019

I had a scary and miserable experience on the scopolamine.. I wasnâ??t prepared how strong he affects could be. I woke up with an extremely dry mouth and feeling really dizzy slurred speech and blurred vision.. didnâ??t know what hit me...I took it off itâ??s now 48 hrs later and my vision is still blurry.... itâ??s frustrating and scary . I really hope to get back to myself soon