i used the medication last night and i woke up at 2am with my entire labia and vulva swollen. i am also experiencing burning during urination, with blood in my urine.

# | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/4/2021
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

So first off I’m 20 weeks pregnant. I had a mild yeast infection and tried to take the easy way out with a one day treatment. Application was fine. Woke up a few hours later to use the bathroom still somewhat fine. By 4 am I was in extreme pain so I went to take a shower to wash any remaining out. It’s very hard to get off due to Vaseline like texture. While washing I noticed that it hurt extremely bad to even touch. That’s when I noticed swelling. I had my husband look and take a picture and one side of my vulva was severely swollen. I laid in agony with a cold wet rag and my legs gapped open to the fan for relief. I’m going to the doctor as soon as they open because I’m worried about my baby and they told me to use monostat 7 anyway and kind of embarrassed at my disobedience. Now I’m afraid to seek any other treatment from being in so much pain now. Side effect was worst than the very mild yeast infection itself. This product should not be on the shelves. Keeping my receipt and pictures in case something is wrong with my baby and I need to draw up a lawsuit.Read More Read Less

thebaddest | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/16/2021
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

I had a very mild yeast infection and it made it MUCH worse. My vagina is burning, itching and my vulva is very swollen. My vagina is literally THROBBING. I should have stuck with Monistat 3. It has been 12 hours since I inserted the medicine and Im still in pain. Hoping my pain goes away soon. Please save yourself the pain and get Monistat 3 day or 7 day ladies!!!!!

Disappointed | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/5/2019
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

Everything went from bad to worst

feelzbettr | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/15/2014
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

I posted yesterday after just taking the medication for a mild yeast infection and reported swelling and burning. To quell both i used organic, virgin coconut oil and plain yogurt with active cultures on he outside regions around the vulva. I found that this helped a lot and that the swelling and burning went down later that day, approximately 15 hours after first administering the medication. i hope this information helps someone who may be freaking out at the side effects, which i assume is mostly due to the intensity of a one day application. Read More Read Less

owowhelp | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/14/2014
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

I have the burning and swelling that everyone is talking about. Originally my yeast infection was not very serious, but it seems to be 10 times worse now. I was wondering if anyone else experiencing this did anything to help the swelling go down or if (hopefully) the swelling and pain went away with time.

Lisa | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2014
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

Way better than monistat! I had a bit of itching after about 10 mins of insertion and it started to subside after about a half an hour. Compared to monistat this is a life saver! With monistat it felt like everything was on fire and nothing could put it out. I will take a little itching vs burning that refuses to go away for hours.

Ames98 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/19/2014
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

I'm a little surprised at the harsh reviews. I believe the reviews but I wonder if the extreme onset burning after applying Vagistat 1 had anything to do with how advanced the yeast infection was. Obviously the more irritated ( itching/ burning) the vagina is, the more sensitive the lining and the skin is going to be. I knew by the 2nd day I had a yeast infection. I did not wait to see if it would go away so I used the Vagistat 1 and I felt relief in about 1-2 hours. By the next morning, all symptoms of a yeast infection were gone. I did use a cortisone cream on the exterior to get instant relief from the itching. So yes, you should be cautious if your yeast infection is on the extreme side, as I think this is a potent treatment that may cause burning. If you've only had mild to moderate symptoms and use Vagistat, I don't think you'll experience the burning the way others have.Read More Read Less

Ow | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/7/2014
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

Helpful site thank you girls! Put Vagistate 1 in a bedtime within a few hours lots of burning on vulva then it began to swell Oh my gosh! You know it's like I have a waddle down there. It's much redder know at 12:43pm. Went to Med Clinic was informed I do have a bladder infection and am having a bad reaction from the Vagistate 1. Severe burning on vulva, very red and very swollen let's hope the ice or bath ideas work.

WITSEND | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/25/2013
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE MARKET!!! I clearly understand that ever womans body chemistry is different and will respond differently to various medications, but this medication seems to have consistent NEGATIVE RESULTS, EXTREME ITCHING(worse than the east infection itself), PAIN, BURNING, SWELLING, NOT TO MENTION BLEEDING. I CAN NOT BELIEF THIS PRODUCT EXIST WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS SO MANY WOMAN HAVE EXPERIENCED, SURE, WE ALL WANT FAST RELIEF BUT TRSUT AND BELIEVE THIS PRODUCT WILL HAVE YOU IN DAYS OF AGONY!!!! DEAL WITH THE THREE DAY MONISTAT OR THE 7 DAY BECAUSE IT WILL BE MUCH EASIER THAN THE DAYS OF SUFFERING YOU MAY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS AWFUL PRODUCT!!!!!!Read More Read Less

Bezonkaa | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2013
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

I waited a couple of days before I just accepted the fact that I have a yeast infection, I was afraid to tell anyone but because I couldn't take the pain. I went to the doctor and he prescribed vagistat-1 and I put it on that night literally 4 minutes later I was crying because it was worse than before and I couldn't take it so I struggled to get up and put an ice pack down there and when I did literally the symptoms just went away. Occasionally an itch here or there not as bad as other people described it. Everyone's body is different I would just suggest using an ice pack and for cleanliness I would say put ice in a sandwich bag and wrap it in paper towels so that it's easily disposable. Read More Read Less

Wasntthatbad | Female |
7/3/2013
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

So... update! I posted the review right under this one about a month ago. It cured my yeast infection. I had no side effects. The only sucky thing was it leaked out a little at night but that's to be expected! Sooo glad I was spared the stuff I read on here -- here is one thing to remember when reading this scary reviews... People only review when they need to complain or dissatisfied. The happy users of this product used the product and went on their way... but the ones with the crazy side effects have more motivation to share the horror! Anyway, I'm a satisfied user of this, so keep in mind it ain't all bad.Read More Read Less

Wasn'tthatbad | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2013
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

After reading all the reviews, I was horrified and afraid to use this product! For some reason, I found the courage to use it (probably because it cost 17 bucks and who wants to return to a yeast infection med to a grocery store?? Haha). I inserted the cream and... nada. No itching, no burning, no horrifying pain. It was really quite uneventful for me! The only real downside was the cream leaking out through the night and into the next day, which will happen whether you take Vagistat or Monistat or insert any cream up your vaginal canal anyway. So, it's only been a day and I can't really rate the effectiveness of the product yet. I don't feel worse, at least. I *think* I feel less symptomatic, but I'm going to wait another 48 hours until I am really sure about that. So, yeah, I experienced NO burning, swelling, itching or any associated pains. Apparently I'm the Chosen One, haha. Still not sure of the effectiveness of the product, but at worst I'll still have a yeast infection and -17 bucks. Good luck, ladies.Read More Read Less

Kim | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/24/2013
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

I honestly cannot believe this can stay on the market without some type of warning label. The burning, itching, and swelling were almost immediate and unbearable. After suffering for 30 minutes I got online and read these reviews and immediately got in the bathtub and managed to get most of the medicine expelled. Benadryl also helped with the swelling. Horrible horrible experience. Back to monistat-3 for me. It may take longer but at least my girl parts will not be on fire!!

Bryken41 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2013
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

It eased the sypmptoms, but really didn't solve the problem.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/22/2013
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

THIS IS THE WORST STUFF EVER!! I USED IT WHEN I WENT TO BED AND WOKE UP A FEW HOURS LATER IN SO MUCH PAIN!! I WAS ITCHING AND BURNING LIKE SOMEONE HAD THROWN ITCHING POWDER ON ME! MY VULVA WAS SWOLLEN AND STILL IS!! NEVER AGAIN!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
9/27/2012
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

How is this poison on the market? Had horrible burning when I used it last night, and it hasn't stopped. The infection was far less annoying than this. 24 hours later and it burns, itches, throbs, and feels absurdly swollen. I wish I'd looked here first and would have saved myself this misery.

tngal | 55-64 | Female | Patient
5/19/2012
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

This product provided me with instant relief. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The irritation was gone in minutes, providing a sense of well being. The next day I felt better than I had in days. It may not work for everyone, but it does work, so don't discard the idea before trying.

Trex | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/26/2012
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

4 hours after taking this product i woke up with extreme painful swelling! I called my drs office and they were VERY familiar with seeing this type of reaction. I was advised never to use it again!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2012
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

THIS PRODUCT HAS NOT DONE THE JOB IN MANAGING A SIMPLE YEAST INFECTION. NOW I HAVE TO PURCHASE A PRODUCT THAT INDEED WILL. WHAT A WASTE

screwthis | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/26/2011
Condition: Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva

I wish there was some way to warn everyone about this damn thing. I've been to the doctor so much lately, I didn't want to go for what I was pretty sure was a yeast infection, since it was similar to the last one I had. "Oh," I thought, "I can manage on my own!" HELL NO. I experienced INTENSE itching almost immediately, and then woke up in the middle of the night in SO MUCH PAIN. I'm limping around today, and my labia look like miniature testicles. I don't know what to do and amy trying to get an appointment with the doctor to fix this damn mess I've made... A curse on this product! Read More Read Less