I take only one half tab, so 12.5mg/night. Stress in my life has been at an all time high, but with this I become drowsy in about 15 minutes and sleep well through the night. No side effects in the a.m. I have never had to take a whole tab. I am an RN

I've been taking medication for sleep on & off for 20 years. THEY ALL CAN BE DANGEROUS & ALL ARE ADDICTING! With that said, I would never suggest anyone taking anything for sleep for more than 3 days UNLESS under the CONSTANT (weekly) care of a seasoned sleep professional that KNOWS that all of these medications have the potential to become addictive and can be dangerous. I've literally been to ov...

Joy | 45-54 | Transgender | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2022
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Have had terrible insomnia for years and the pharmacist recommend restavit. Was feeling really tired so took 1/4 tablet and went to bed. No effect, so took the another 1/4. Still no effect. Ended up taking 2 tablets but still did not get to sleep. Another sleepless night. Did not work for me at all :(

JB | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/15/2022

I've struggled with insomnia for most of my life. I only use 1/4 of a tablet, and it helps me drift into a beautifully easy sleep within 20-30 minutes. It has worked every time, and I sleep solidly through the night. I may experience a bit of grogginess in the morning, but this soon wears off when I'm up and about. My concern is that I am relying on them too much, and I don't know what longterm effects there might be.

Restavit | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/19/2022
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I was recommended this by my doctor as I stopped taking Mirtazapine due to weight gain. I was advised to take half a tablet to avoid next day drowsiness. Unfortunately I got around 4 hours of broken sleep and feel like a zombie. It kept me awake and not feeling sleepy in the slightest. So tired today now so hopefully I’ll sleep. Won’t be using it again.

Anon | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/2/2022
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This doesn't make me tired at all. I know the box says don't do it but I've taken 3 tablets and still felt nothing. Granted, I used to take prescription medication for sleep and my body got used to those so maybe my system doesn't react as well to "non-prescription" sleep meds.

Scottish | 55-64 | Female | Patient
1/26/2022
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I’ve taken one pill a night with a tiny amount of melatonin for years and always have the best sleep. However now I wake with terrible anxiety, lethargy and depression. It doesn’t go for a couple of hours then I am fine. It’s really affecting my life so I think I may try melatonin only.

Shawna | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/12/2022
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I love this stuff but I just read it can cause dementia and Alzheimer’s with prolonged use. I take this every night now I’m scared.

Terree Moore | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/9/2022
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

i got this for trouble going to sleep and staying asleep....i take one a night and i dont lay there with all kinds of thoughts running in my head.... i sleep really good with this...

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I just started taking this recently. I took an entire tablet the first time (25mg) and slept through my alarm and was drowsy the next day, so I started taking half of one and so far it's been just effective enough - I sleep through the night without waking up and don't feel drowsy after taking it.

sleeplesssadgirl | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/6/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

i have been desperate for an over the counter sleep aid after struggling with insomnia. i lay in bed all night long with my eyes closed hoping sleep will come at some point. no over the counter aid has helped. i had high hopes for doxylamine succinate, thinking maybe i build a tolerance to diphenhydramine, so i took THREE equate sleep aids.... but still. all night. no sleep. after reading other reviews i feel insanely cursed.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
1/13/2021
Carrie | 75 or over | Female | Patient
11/29/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

It makes me sleep but I wake in a depressed state. Affects my thoughts. I do not like the morning depression.

No good | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Severe dizziness which is stated as a serious side effect due to allergic reaction. Read the box which I had thrown away. Bought Kirkland brand from Costco. Slept great until I almost fell out of bed due to the dizziness.

1PostDaily | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/11/2020

woke on the bathroom floor with not clue how I got there...for some reason every time I take this sleep aid I can't remember where I was before taking it and after I take it and I am in another location I don't know how I got to that location....This is not the best product for people with sleep issues and memory loss.

Mike | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/13/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I’m in my teens and I take this occasionally before I sleep for the night. For me, I tend to have early morning awakenings and then have troubles falling back to sleep. Half a pill keeps me drowsy enough to quickly fall back asleep and I wake up feeling refreshed.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
12/1/2019

getting the dream state high epic

Bassman | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/5/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Best Sleep Aid out there. Works way better than any prescription drug without side effects. 1/2 is all you need. Been taking for 10 years with no problem. Had Insominia since I was 35 Yrs old.

gpx21dlr | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/20/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I don't fall asleep easily and sometimes wake up after 3 or 4 hours so I tried this sleep-aid from a warehouse store. Half a pill works fine for me. My only worry is if it is habit forming. I'm afraid to stop since I'm getting 7-8 hours of good sleep with one-half of a pill.

Tiffanieoh | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/17/2019

I experienced awful anxiety. I actually couldn’t sleep because my heart was beating a mile a minute. I felt itchy, and on fire like. Almost in a drug type withdrawal. I’m pregnant and was recommended this and b6 for nausea. I’m confused as to what happened and why I felt this way. I tried it not once but twice and now I know to never touch it again.

Scann01aol | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2018

Stopped HRT upon advice of my doctor. Had no problems with insomnia while in Hormone replacement therapy, so this inability to sleep had me exhausted. Tried a generic “ sleep aid”, and was surprised to find out what it actually was. No problems taking it and am happy with the way I sleep. Evidently, simple and inexpensive is what works for me.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/17/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

experienced falling and staying asleep until i found this at costco sleep aid is all it said with the active ingrediant doxylamine. I am happy to have found and now take this nightly. I get a good 8-10 hours of sleep. If i do wake up to use the bathroom i fall right back asleep! The best part is of course a well rested sleep and I wake up feeling fantastic! I highly recommend costco brand its a two pack and a great find!