For years I was prescribed Donnagel-PG (no longer manufactured), a liquid that contained the same ingredients as Donnatal, I believe, plus paregoric (powdered opium). This was actually sold over the counter at pharmacies at the time. You didn't actually have to have a prescription, just sign a registry. This was the *very best* treatment ever for my IBS with diarrhea. I'm just sorry they took it o...

Anonymous |
6/22/2013
jaime | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/20/2011
Condition: Diarrhea

drug used to treat diarhea brought on by chemotherapy drugs. Very effective as well for nausea and increasing appetite.

ParegoricAdvocates | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/19/2011

I use Paregoric for occasional, temporary relief of cramping from IBS. Finding Paregoric is increasingly difficult. I am creating an online community interested in legally finding/importing/making Paregoric in the USA. If you are interested, please become a member or leave a comment on my blog: https://paregoricadvocates.blogspot.com/

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/1/2011
Condition: Diarrhea

I had been getting a prescription for this medication for the past 4 years and one prescription would last me for a year or more because i only took it when I really needed it an now that it is no longer available and I have severe stomach problems that it seems this is the only thing I've use to help my condition, now I dont know what I will do because I do not like taking a lot of other drugs for this problem and this is only one that really helped me that I could use periodically and very sparingly. Please help make it possible for people like me to get it to help because I feel when u can get a prescription filled and it lasts for a year, that is not abuse!

[email protected] | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/18/2011
Condition: Diarrhea

it is the only thing that works and it is no longer available. I have severe chronic irritable bowel syndrome