I have a hiatal hernia which lead to esophagitis. I seemed to have a remission for about a year when I started drinking aloe vera juice (look in this, it helps acid reflux) but I have a bit of a return of my acid symptoms so I'm back on this medicine which has worked pretty well in the past. Chest bloating, mild chest pain. A little tip to save money, get the cheaper pill form and a pill crushe...

just started taking it

Huriye | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/22/2020
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I’ve so far never been disappointed by this. Without this medicine, I’d be going very frequently to the hospital for the very severe stomach burning pains I would get. Now with this, whenever that stomach pain starts up again, I take 10 to 11 ml of this and I feel 100% better after a full 10 minutes. No other medicine has ever been able to help my stomach like that, nor has any diet. This is truly an absolute necessity for me. I highly highly recommend this to anyone who’s tried everything and still continues to suffer badly from stomach burning due to ibs,gastritis, gerd, or an ulcer (I have all except the ulcer) and it’s been an absolute miracle

Ratzzz68 | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/24/2019
Condition: Inflammation of Esophagus from Backflow of Stomach Acid

The oral suspension form of Carafate is crazy expensive. $740 for a one month prescription. My doctor suggested crushing the tabs and making my on slurry... I found that the tabs would dissolve in less than a minute and could be mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of water. Later I found that instead of using water I used Strawberry Watermelon Gatorade (1/2 teaspoon) and it tasted just like the expensive oral version samples my doctor had given me. That saved me $700 a month lol. Tabs were only $40 for 120 (4 a day X 30).

Dawn | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/31/2019
Condition: Medication Treatment for Healing Stomach Ulcer

Sucrafate has been a life changing affect with my stomach problems. The taste is bland and easy to dissolve on your tongue, especially when I am having an urgency of stomach pain on the go, without water; I pop the sucarafate right into my mouth and in minutes I feel so much better. Thank you Carafate.

Teremei | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/26/2019
Condition: Inflammation of Esophagus from Backflow of Stomach Acid

I have Hiatal hernia which is a limp flap that bloks acid from going up the esophagus. My Reflux has been pretty well managed with anxiety treatment and diet. However my reflux has been acting up because of my bad eating habits lately to where my breathing feels kind of restricted and uncomfortable. I am almost certain it is because reflux. Any way I just started carafate. Just 1 pill and I already feel a mild improvement. This pill is said to be for ulcers. But it can really be good for acid reflux flair ups too. If you have any mild breathing problems. After eliminating more serious problems, ask your doctor about acid reflux and if carafate might help you. I did for me

Artha | 25-34 | Female | Patient
3/26/2019
Condition: Heartburn

The difference between how I felt and how I feel now on Carafate is night and day. I haven't had any reflux at all, and I am able to actually eat without feeling sick all the time.