I call it my "happy ring". I am on my 4th one at the end of a year. I am 71 yrs. old and had a hysterectomy in l991. Vaginal dryness made intercourse intolerable. This solved all of my problems. I do not need to remove it during relations, and there is plenty of lubrication and no discomfort whatsoever. It is a miracle ring.

I tried the the Estring to relieve dryness and vaginal atrophia. I have had a hysterectomy and since i have used a diaphragm before, I thought this would work for me. It is very uncomfortable especially while sitting. It feels like low level cramping and really uncomfortable during bowel movements. I tried repositioning it but it reverts up behind the pelvic bone and increases pressure. After...

KBA | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

I am a first-time user of Estring at age 63, after about 9-10 years of using Estrace cream of Vagifem. Those methods were not working as well for me - I'd forget when I was supposed to insert it next, and in between I would experience mild hot flashes and increasingly bad headaches. I got the Estring in place about 3 weeks ago and by the next day I felt so much better - have had no headaches, no hot flashes, very moisturizing and I almost feel like it's increased my general sense of wellbeing! My only concerns are the price - don't think my insurance will pay, so with the coupon from the manufacturer, you save some but it's still costly. For me, worth it, fortunately I can do it. My other concern, from reading other reviews is removing it when necessary as 3 months nears - hoping I can manage!! I know my gynecologist can help if I need to go in for an appt. to have her remove it, but hope I won't.

First Timer | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/6/2021
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

Had a difficult time removing ring. Wish someone would have described what the ring should feel like so first time users have a easier time knowing what to do.

Skyvalleygal | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/4/2021
Condition: Vaginal Inflammation due to Loss of Hormone Stimulation

I had a uterus/cervix removal in 1996 @ 43. Used estradiol until after age 55. Went on Estrace cream but trouble remembering it. Not sexually active, husband deceased. Became extremely dry to the point vaginal tissues had became so thin I'd have some pinkish (blood) discharge, developed UTIs; very painful for vaginal exam. Paid $560 for 1st RX last Oct. Time for refill. Looking for ways to defray cost. I am very happy with the results. There is some problem keeping it in place. When I feel it slipping down too low I take it out and leave it out for a few hours replace it. Seems to stay in place for 3-4 weeks generally.

Linda | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/15/2020
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

Used vaginal cream for a year and still bleed for two days after very uncomfortable sex. Then a month after Estring I feel normal again. But now that I am on Medicare I can no longer afford it. Sadly those most likely to need it and least likely to afford it cannot use the coupon. I can't help but cry

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/15/2020
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

I used the estring for vaginal dryness and atrophy and painful sex. I found it easy to insert and remove. It helped with dryness but sex is still painful. Discharge was significant. After 8 months I developed a bacterial infection. My doctor instructed me to remove it immediately. After antibiotic treatment I will be trying an estrogen cream.