I take the generic gabapentin. I've been on it for over 10 years to treat diabetic neuropathy in my feet, which used to be so bad I would literally cry. I tried soaking my feet in buckets of ice water, but naturally it had no effect. The burning, stabbing, stinging pain was unbearable, especially at night. My doctor prescribed gabapentin. For me it has been nothing short of a miracle drug. W...

I will state this medication works for my pain, but my hair is falling out. Every time I brush my hair, or run my hand through my hair, the hair is falling out in bunches. Not clumps, but you get the drift. I have only been on this nonsense a month and it's going in the garbage. Had it. I am, almost, tempted, to take all the hair: put the hair in a damn jar, and bring it to my next doctor's appoin...

Anonymous |
4/17/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

LadyJ | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/31/2021
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

It doesn't last very long.

SunshineNH80 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/29/2021
Condition: Involuntary Quivering

Prescribed Gabapentin for whole body restless leg syndrome. This first night I took it 85% of my spasms m, tingling and burning went away. I was desperate for help and so uncomfortable I was sleeping 1 hour a night and pacing. This treatment gave me instant relief. I cried I was so happy. My whole body was shaking and I had spasms everywhere. A Miracle for sure. I started at 300mg at night. I tried taking it during the day but it made me super tired I couldnâ??t. I went up to 400 at night as I had some burning and spasming in one foot still. I just tried to go up to 600mg but it was too much for me as it makes me feel like a heavy night of drinking. Iâ??ll ask the doctor to go to 500mg and work my way up extremely slow. I feel great though!!!! So happy it helped.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | Patient
2/9/2021

I have had Willis-Ekbom Disorder all of my life and it has been, literally, torture; also periodic leg movements. I was "lucky" to get three hours of sleep. This drug eliminated the Willis-Ekbom (Restless legs) symptoms completely, and moderated the PLMs. This drug is a technological miracle.

Spike | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/18/2021
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

Taking for 18 months to alleviate pain from herniated discs in my neck. Ice works better, but taking before bed helps to sleep. Side effects include me wanting to put a bullet in my head, so sertaline for depression.