I take the generic gabapentin. I've been on it for over 10 years to treat diabetic neuropathy in my feet, which used to be so bad I would literally cry. I tried soaking my feet in buckets of ice water, but naturally it had no effect. The burning, stabbing, stinging pain was unbearable, especially at night. My doctor prescribed gabapentin. For me it has been nothing short of a miracle drug. W...

I will state this medication works for my pain, but my hair is falling out. Every time I brush my hair, or run my hand through my hair, the hair is falling out in bunches. Not clumps, but you get the drift. I have only been on this nonsense a month and it's going in the garbage. Had it. I am, almost, tempted, to take all the hair: put the hair in a damn jar, and bring it to my next doctor's appoin...

Pain treatment | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/3/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I realize, even though it takes up to four weeks to feel the full affect, I knew after the fourth day, that this drug is not for me. It made me feel like I was on a constant high. I took it at night and felt extremely groggy during the entire day. I could not drive or even function responsibly. I feel like this affects your mental mobility, so it probably works well for those whom have mental issues or seizures. Not for pain treatment. Thumbs down.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/25/2021
Condition: Involuntary Quivering

No noticeable side effects. I take 100 mg nightly for leg tremors caused by spinal nerve damage. The medication reduces and often eliminates the tremors. t

jim pasutti | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/17/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I think it has done nothing to relieve neuropathy in my feet. Igive this medication a very poor rating. one other doctor said the pain woulg be permanent even after surgery.

Mary | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/30/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

Taken for nerve pain due to degloving injuries to thighs.

Claudette | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/29/2021
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

I and my husband are outdoor type folk and enjoy hiking and bicycling the rail trails. I was prescribed 9 months ago 300mg 3x per day of Gabapentin for severe sci After weeks on this the Gabapentin was not helping. Only after two months of extreme discomfort was I given injections as an MRI showed L4 deterioration. I am not a fan of scripts; however, I recently strained the lower back enough to cause me a scare as I sure did not want a long sciatica episode. I also had been dealing with painful shoulders and neck probably from the cycling which made sleeping uneasy for weeks. I decided to pull out that remaining script of 300mg of Gabapentin to try one pill at about 4pm. While I do not think for me the Gabapentin helped with severe sciatic pain, I was relieved of most shoulder, neck and lower back discomfort that allowed me to finally get a rested sleep that same evening. I plan to take a 4pm 300mg Gabapentin only for the next few days as I am feeling much relief now though not total relief, but I can live with that and without being dependent on long term script use. I am petite at 5'3" 115lb so this one 300mg is working for me. Read More Read Less

Yvonne Posey | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/28/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I HAVE BEEN TAKEN IT SINCE 2004, IT IS A LIFE SAVER FOR. IT REALLY HELPS ALOT.

Bunslayer | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/21/2021
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

I have a damaged 5th Lumbar that is never going to heal. Walking, places pressure on the sciatica nerves making walking very painful. My maximum distance is about a mile. It used to be much less. I also have seizures. This drug has been a real life changer for me. I have been taking 3 - 800mg tablets twice daily for about a decade. 800mg tablets are hard to swallow.

Vickie Craine | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/14/2021
Condition: Essential Tremor

First tablet taken passed me out, woke up in middle of night to go to bathroom and could not see. After a few minutes vision came back got up and was dizzy. Later that day went to rehab center was fine till next night and took another 300MG back to dizziness. It does take care of the tremor, but I will take the tremor back over all the side effects . I do not recommend this medication at all.

Tina | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/14/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs
karlah | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I have been taking gabapentin for years for my diabetic neuropathy. I've tried cymbalta and lyrica but they didn't work for me. Without gabapentin I would not be able to sleep. The pain is unbearable. I have a high threshold for pain, but not with this. Gabapentin has allowed me to function. I do think I'm a little forgetful because of it, but to me that's a side effect I'll deal with.

Steve Corrie | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/24/2021

I use this for sleep, tryed trazadone but gabapentin seems to work all night.

LadyJ | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/31/2021
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

It doesn't last very long.

SunshineNH80 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/29/2021
Condition: Involuntary Quivering

Prescribed Gabapentin for whole body restless leg syndrome. This first night I took it 85% of my spasms m, tingling and burning went away. I was desperate for help and so uncomfortable I was sleeping 1 hour a night and pacing. This treatment gave me instant relief. I cried I was so happy. My whole body was shaking and I had spasms everywhere. A Miracle for sure. I started at 300mg at night. I tried taking it during the day but it made me super tired I couldnâ??t. I went up to 400 at night as I had some burning and spasming in one foot still. I just tried to go up to 600mg but it was too much for me as it makes me feel like a heavy night of drinking. Iâ??ll ask the doctor to go to 500mg and work my way up extremely slow. I feel great though!!!! So happy it helped. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | Patient
2/9/2021

I have had Willis-Ekbom Disorder all of my life and it has been, literally, torture; also periodic leg movements. I was "lucky" to get three hours of sleep. This drug eliminated the Willis-Ekbom (Restless legs) symptoms completely, and moderated the PLMs. This drug is a technological miracle.

Spike | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/18/2021
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

Taking for 18 months to alleviate pain from herniated discs in my neck. Ice works better, but taking before bed helps to sleep. Side effects include me wanting to put a bullet in my head, so sertaline for depression.

Ang | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/4/2020
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

I was initially prescribed 100MG 3xday then for some reason my PCP upped it 300MG for a pinched nerve. I can not take this during the day or I get very â??loopyâ?. This medication Makes me extremely drowsy so much so if I take it past 3am I can sleep until lunch time which is not good. Also Iâ??ve started noticing my mood has gotten worse. I associated it to COVID and life being like Ground Hog day everyday but now that I have read the reviews and side effects I see this can be mind altering. My vision had gotten worse and I def had a hard time remember certain things. I quit cold turkey 2 days ago and donâ??t plan on taking it unless I have extreme pain. Also I have gained about 7lbs - hopefully I will be back to normal soon. So far coming off of it I notice Iâ??m a little dizzy and feel a little â??offâ?. Read More Read Less

Back pain | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/22/2020
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

I had fusion back surgery. They initially put me on 300mg per day, eventually going to 2700 mg per day. It might have made me a little sleepy, but I couldn’t say I got any pain relief. I tapered off as directed and had no problem.

Bob | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
10/21/2020
Condition: Pain Originating From a Nerve

Useless for fibromyalgia. Made my life even worse. Mood swings and extra pain. It didn't even work for a compression in my back and neck. At the beginning didn't notice side effects. They crept up on me. Pretty sure it made my reflux worse and probably given me an ulcer. Since I stopped taking this rubbish I'm in less pain. I was on 3600mg at the end. Terrible drug unless you need it for seizures and stuff. Keep away if you have fibromyalgia.

John | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/3/2020
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

Started taking 600mg of Gabapentin 6 years ago after a massive cancer surgery. They cut open my entire abdomen from the top to my groin, something like 80 staples. I am in constant pain from the the surgery, feels like I have chicken wire inside. The Gabapentin helps but my memory is terrible. Very interesting to hear how many people say the same thing about memory loss.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/26/2020

I take 600mg 3 times a day for my anxiety (doc weaned me off xanax and put me on this. It does pretty well I guess. It is supposed to also help with my back pain. But I dont notice a difference in the pain Relief.