Each time I open and use a new vial it seems to soothe my eyes. However, after a week or ten days of use my eyes sting badly for about 10 minutes after inserting the drop. This is happened each time I start a new vial.

While Latanaprost does decrease eye pressure, I have experienced the side effect of chronic redness of the eyelids and some redness of the sclera of the eye. It is unsighlty, looks to others as if I might have a chronic eye infection. I am surprised that nobody has synthesized something to combine with Latanaprost to reduce eye redness in those who must use it. As one who speaks in public from tim...

jmann | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/22/2021
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

Side effects are not acceptable. Life it too short. Also tried Timolol which was borderline dangerous - dizzy, headache, strange heart reaction. Timolol is a beta blocker and unsuitable for people with low BP and/or low pulse - I have both. Noxious potions. Seems they all have side effects. Not sure it's worth the problems.

Joe D | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/26/2020
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I felt the need to write a review because before I started my drops I researched reviews on side effects and found nothing but mostly negative comments that it almost made me NOT take them. I talked it over with my wife and we decided that by not taking them I was setting myself up for more damage to my eyes than by taking them. I decided to risk the side effects and try them. I have been on them for 6 weeks, 1 drop in each eye at night, and I am very happy to say not a single side effect! I only gave it 3 stars for effectiveness because I am not sure yet, my follow up appointment isn’t for another few weeks. I will update when I get the results of the new pressure readings. I hope this review helps others who are scared away by all the negative reviews!Read More Read Less

Jon | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/8/2019
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

It causes pain above & behind my eyeballs; clouds my vision, impedes focusing; has increased my vitreous floaters, either physically or perceptually. Burns when first applied, causes dry eye, grit feeling & eyelid crust in AM. Lowers IOP well but adverse effects outweigh. I intend to discontinue.

Chiisai | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/7/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Sky rocketed my blood pressure 20 points.

Sensitive | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2019
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

Not sure if medication is working. I have only used it 3 nights, when I awaken I feel extremely dizzy when I wake up. Takes about 5 minutes sitting up before I can walk. I am going to ask pharmacist about this and my primary car provider. I'm not really happy with my opthamologist (sp?)

Mimi | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Severe side effects!!!! When I started taking latanoprost it lowered my eye pressure and so I continued taking the drops. Within one months time I started having heart palpitations and my blood pressure increased by 20 points. I had no idea that eye drops could cause heart problems so I continued on this medication. I was then put on heart medication and ended up at the emergency room and then extensive doctors visits. My pulse even went up to 200. Out of desperation I researched these drops and found out others had heart problems which is when I stopped this medication. I have been off latanoprost for one month now and my pulse and blood pressure are back to normal. This drug was poison to my system, Read More Read Less

Steve | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/25/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Initially I had SLT laser and it only worked for a few months. Now on Latanoprost. My current IOP is L:11 and R: 13. No side effects and I rarely miss eye when applying. I have open angle glaucoma.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/10/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

This drug works in lowering eye pressure but it has extreme side effects. After using it for 5 months, I experience severe dizziness, vomiting, blurry vision, flu-like symptoms and fast heart beats. I stopped it and all symptoms went away. Not sure if this drug is worth using considering its extreme side effects. At this point, I will rather do an eye surgery instead of going back to this drug. Be careful when using this drug.

Choda | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/16/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Lowered my eye pressure in conjunction with 2 other drops. By itself it didn't work. Since I've been using these drops I seem to have more dreams while sleeping. Mostly good dreams.

FreSpe | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/19/2019
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I have only used the eye drops a few times. I noticed the vision in my left has has gotten worse. I was able to read without my glasses (average print) after using the drops, my vision decreased dramatically.

Who am I | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/30/2018
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

Didn’t work until I had laser surgery & now pressure is down. My complaint is the the bottle. When I opened it, it now leaks out when applying to eye.

frijole40 | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/18/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I have been taking this drug for about 6 months. I tried the medication by pulling out the lower eyelid to apply the drops but I found that cumbersome and I missed a lot. I then laid back on a pillow and dripped it straight into the eye and that worked great. I was told to keep the bottles I am not using in the fridge but that it was okay to keep the one I am currently using at room temperature (by the bed). The pressure in my eyes has dropped from 20+ to 16 (+or-). When the drop hits my eye there is a very brief sting (a drop of water would probably do the same). I close my eyes for a few seconds and blot up any extra fluid because of the potential for darkening of the pigmentation and hair growth (lashes). There is one recently observed oddity. I doze sometime in the evening while watching TV, when I attempt to open my eyes the upper eyelid requires 3 or 4 tries be fore it retracts. There is no obvious goo or crusty stuff it just seems to not work for a bit. I have used my fingers on occasion to open my eyes. I am going to ask the doctor if I should be concerned.Read More Read Less

Mike C | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/14/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

I have has lowered eye pressures in both eyes since taking the eye drops nightly. The prescription is refilled each month which is inconvenient. The drops become a little irritating as toward the end of the month.

graceylu | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/2/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

been taking for three months now - no problems what so ever - some irritation but it goes away - my eyes tear for a bit to but that too goes away. very satisfied with it.

Hope | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/30/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Use drops in both eyes PM. Has lowered pressure in one but not other (which is high). Multiple side effects: fleeting pain in eyes/head, cough, runny nose, blurred vision at times, sensitivity to light, itchy eye lids, increased lash length (must trim outer lashes), back and muscle aches. However, still have my vision, so will accept the trade-off!

Shay | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/16/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

Since I been taking this I have had very blood shot eyes and blured vision mostly with lights I have had bad pain off and on I one eye but not the other and ichys eye off and on

Mel | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/31/2018
Condition: Increased Pressure in the Eye

No problems with it. My pharmacist said it should be kept refrigerated until starting to use it. I noticed that when I go to pick it up, it's taken out of a refrigerator.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/10/2017
Joe | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/5/2017
Condition: Wide-Angle Glaucoma

Causes chest pain, coughing and mimmick s heart attack. Causes lethargy and depression. Taken for 1 year. Cannot tolerate.

sharij | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient