Experiencing a viral cold with chest congestion and coughing. This medicine does reduce the cough but still allows me to get rid of the phlegm.

Take this crap off the market. Follow up with a refund every one who has purchased.

Mariah James | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/23/2022
Condition: Cough

Save your money! I paid $50 for 40 pills & the first one set me back on my healing from COVID symptoms. My sore throat was resolved & after taking one pill my throat was red & inflamed. Because it interacts with other cold meds I could not take any other meds that night so I suffered through the night. Unfortunately, you can't return pharmaceuticals otherwise I would ask for my hard earned money back. I continued to have the same dry cough after taking it. DID NOT WORK FOR ME!

Benzonatate | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2022
Condition: Cough

The best medicine I ever took for a cough with mucus.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/11/2022
Condition: Cough

This is the only medicine that helps quiet my cough.

Serendipity | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/26/2022
Condition: Cough

I have Covid and the Dr prescribed this. It’s worked great! Very little coughing, and the only side effects that I have noticed so far are dry eyes. This is way better than the cough syrup with codeine and love that the coughing is going away. I

Shane | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/25/2022
Condition: Cough

I have been prescribed benzonatate at least three times in the last few years for a variety of illnesses involving cough. One was covid. The other two were random cold / flu-like symptoms. Literally zero times has this drug had any noticeable impact on the frequency or severity of my cough despite taking it three times a day in blind, unyielding hope that it might provide relief. Days later with aching diaphragm, lost voice and still coughing, benzonatate seems to be about as useful as a half a pack of cigarettes in reducing cough symptoms. Note that I do not cough chronically and I'm a non-smoker. These were prescribed for isolated illnesses and never worked once for the expected purpose.Read More Read Less

Tired of coughi | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/12/2022
Condition: Cough

I was given this medication today and I've coughed every breath since taking it. This is hour 8.5 Not sleeping tonight

Christal | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/12/2022
Condition: Cough

Diagnosed with bronchitis..been coughing for 3 weeks now. Doctor gave this plus Z-pack and a steroid. I feel some what better today but still barely sleeping due to coughing. I've coughed so much and so hard that I'm in physical pain. Chest burns, muscles screaming, throat pain, and a headache that won't go away.. all from coughing. Yet my doctor refuses to prescribe me anything that actually works because of the opioid pandemic. Instead I'm stuck with these pearls that do NOT work! Wish pharmicials would stop paying doctor offices to push medications onto patients. These do not work for everyone. So stop making doctors push them onto everyone. Read More Read Less

SA | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/7/2022
Condition: Cough

I have viral bronchitis. Doctor gave me prednisone and this cough medicine. Last night I went back to Robitussin DM for cough. The prednisone is working. The cough medicine has been average.

DeVair | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/28/2022
Condition: Cough

I have been coughing for 10 days straight with no help taking Benzonatate. Doctor said if it doesn't help, I should call back and she'll give me a z-pack. I know doctors are not prescribing antibiotics as quickly as they used to, but I'm going to need it. I can't sleep at night. This pill is supposed to work 15-20 minutes after taking - it doesn't absolutely nothing. Nothing like breaking out in a cough when you least expect it.

Joline | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2022
Condition: Cough

I was prescribed 100 mg 3 times a day by a PA at an Urgent Care Clinic for bronchitis. I had a cold for over a week and Covid tests were negative. I have noticed very little effect from this drug. I was able to sleep the first night I took it, but maybe that's because I hadn't slept in a week! I am still coughing throughout the doses and cough drops seem to help more than this prescription.

Dr G | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/15/2022
Condition: Cough

Deep COVID cough such that I couldn’t sleep. After about 15 minutes my cough cycle went from 1-3 coughs per minute to just a couple an hour. Finally got some sleep. Use it with cough drops to keep throat lubricated. No after taste or reflux burping. Works differently for everyone. Was a life saver for me. I’m a 68 year old male / non-smoker. I hope you find some relief.

Benzonzlatate | 75 or over | Female |
8/14/2022
Condition: Cough

I was prescribed this at Minute Clinic but it has had zero impact on my coughing and congestion.

MP Sicilia | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/12/2022
Condition: Cough

Allows me to breathe and cough up congestion. Works like a charm.

VikiVasi | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
8/2/2022
Condition: Cough

My husband had upper right lung removed due to cancer 8 months ago. Wish surgeon had given to him then. Now that cancer has returned in his right bronchus, and a stent inserted to keep airway open, his chemo doc prescribed thus. What a miracle! This suppresses his cough enough so he can sleep. Takes 2-3 a day for the last 4 weeks. Is able to cough up mucus when needed.

Richard | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2022
Condition: Cough

Both me and my wife were prescribed this for covid. With just one pill, The after taste of a soiled copper or brass lingers in your mouth for over a day. Just an awful taste that nothing Ive tried could remove! And NO warning anywhere about the taste. Only that it may cause drowsiness. And it only partly helped with our cough. I recommend lozenges over benzonatate, atleast if you don't like the taste you can spit it out. Once you take benzonatate your stuck with this awful taste untill it wares off. And it's been 25hr since we took it and I'm still tasting it. YUK!Read More Read Less

John C | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/28/2022
Condition: Cough

Works about as well as other cough suppressants, which is to say it doesn't.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2022
Condition: Cough

Was prescribed this medication because I had a really bad dry cough this medication causes me to cough more preventing me from even sleeping Would never take another capsule again

Acute bronchiti | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2022
Condition: Cough

Initially I had acute bronchitis. The infection was in my lungs. I started to take doxycycline and began to feel a bit better. However, now I am wheezing and need to cough the phlegm out of my lungs so I don’t think this medication is what I need. This is not a dry cough. I need a steroid rather than something to stop my coughing

Why | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2022
Condition: Cough

I have a tickle in my throat that is causing very bad dry cough. I've taken 4 pills so far with the 200mg, 2 yesterday then other 2 today and I still am coughing bad. I didn't get any sleep cuz I coughed all night with only 2 pills in my system. Today at work started coughing again with 2 pills in my system. I don't think this is good cough medicine.

Chris | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/7/2022
Condition: Cough

This drug has worked for me. Of course, it won’t stop coughing completely. No drug will do that. I take upwards of 3 per day and it works within 15 minutes or so. It will affect everyone differently but I’m glad I’m taking it.