Experiencing a viral cold with chest congestion and coughing. This medicine does reduce the cough but still allows me to get rid of the phlegm.

Take this crap off the market. Follow up with a refund every one who has purchased.

DeVair | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/28/2022
Condition: Cough

I have been coughing for 10 days straight with no help taking Benzonatate. Doctor said if it doesn't help, I should call back and she'll give me a z-pack. I know doctors are not prescribing antibiotics as quickly as they used to, but I'm going to need it. I can't sleep at night. This pill is supposed to work 15-20 minutes after taking - it doesn't absolutely nothing. Nothing like breaking out in a cough when you least expect it.

Joline | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2022
Condition: Cough

I was prescribed 100 mg 3 times a day by a PA at an Urgent Care Clinic for bronchitis. I had a cold for over a week and Covid tests were negative. I have noticed very little effect from this drug. I was able to sleep the first night I took it, but maybe that's because I hadn't slept in a week! I am still coughing throughout the doses and cough drops seem to help more than this prescription.

Dr G | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/15/2022
Condition: Cough

Deep COVID cough such that I couldn’t sleep. After about 15 minutes my cough cycle went from 1-3 coughs per minute to just a couple an hour. Finally got some sleep. Use it with cough drops to keep throat lubricated. No after taste or reflux burping. Works differently for everyone. Was a life saver for me. I’m a 68 year old male / non-smoker. I hope you find some relief.

Benzonzlatate | 75 or over | Female |
8/14/2022
Condition: Cough

I was prescribed this at Minute Clinic but it has had zero impact on my coughing and congestion.

MP Sicilia | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/12/2022
Condition: Cough

Allows me to breathe and cough up congestion. Works like a charm.

VikiVasi | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
8/2/2022
Condition: Cough

My husband had upper right lung removed due to cancer 8 months ago. Wish surgeon had given to him then. Now that cancer has returned in his right bronchus, and a stent inserted to keep airway open, his chemo doc prescribed thus. What a miracle! This suppresses his cough enough so he can sleep. Takes 2-3 a day for the last 4 weeks. Is able to cough up mucus when needed.

Richard | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2022
Condition: Cough

Both me and my wife were prescribed this for covid. With just one pill, The after taste of a soiled copper or brass lingers in your mouth for over a day. Just an awful taste that nothing Ive tried could remove! And NO warning anywhere about the taste. Only that it may cause drowsiness. And it only partly helped with our cough. I recommend lozenges over benzonatate, atleast if you don't like the taste you can spit it out. Once you take benzonatate your stuck with this awful taste untill it wares off. And it's been 25hr since we took it and I'm still tasting it. YUK!Read More Read Less

John C | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/28/2022
Condition: Cough

Works about as well as other cough suppressants, which is to say it doesn't.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2022
Condition: Cough

Was prescribed this medication because I had a really bad dry cough this medication causes me to cough more preventing me from even sleeping Would never take another capsule again

Acute bronchiti | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2022
Condition: Cough

Initially I had acute bronchitis. The infection was in my lungs. I started to take doxycycline and began to feel a bit better. However, now I am wheezing and need to cough the phlegm out of my lungs so I don’t think this medication is what I need. This is not a dry cough. I need a steroid rather than something to stop my coughing

Why | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2022
Condition: Cough

I have a tickle in my throat that is causing very bad dry cough. I've taken 4 pills so far with the 200mg, 2 yesterday then other 2 today and I still am coughing bad. I didn't get any sleep cuz I coughed all night with only 2 pills in my system. Today at work started coughing again with 2 pills in my system. I don't think this is good cough medicine.

Chris | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/7/2022
Condition: Cough

This drug has worked for me. Of course, it won’t stop coughing completely. No drug will do that. I take upwards of 3 per day and it works within 15 minutes or so. It will affect everyone differently but I’m glad I’m taking it.

Exhausted Woman | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/6/2022
Condition: Cough

Coughing so much I'm vomiting thanks to Covid. My throat is raw and thanks to the useless cough medication, its now hard to drink water, eat anything, or take tylenol. Hard to swallow any pills now. Made my cough worse

Benzonatate | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
5/29/2022
Condition: Cough

It seems that I cough more while taking this medicine than I was before. True the cough aren’t as bad but it more of them.

GLM | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2022
Condition: Cough

Feels a little weird having my throat numb, but I prefer that to the violent, body-wrecking coughs I've had for several days due to illness unknown (Covid tests negative, no symptoms other than minor congestion and forceful cough). It hasn't completely eliminated the coughs but they are 90% less frequent and no longer in violent spasms.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2022
Condition: Cough

I saw a Med MD doctor. She did a COVID test, but never called to give me the result. She put me on three drugs, one of which was benzonate. My coughing is not gone, but it is 100% better.

mia | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/31/2022
Condition: Cough

cough due to COVID dissipated immediately.

teacher | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/26/2022
Condition: Cough

I saw an urgent care doctor Thursday for the flu and she gave me benzonatate, the cough is slightly better, but I have a horrible taste in my mouth. I called the pharmacist to see if that was a side effect; she said yes and it is a terrible medicine. Never heard a pharmacist say anything like that before.

JodiK | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2022
Condition: Cough

I was prescribed this medication by the emergency room doctor and it did absolutely nothing for me so I went to the supermarket and bought the Mucinex 1200 mg cough suppressant and that worked 100 times better.

cony79 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/14/2022
Condition: Cough

I went to the urgent care for persistent cough and breathing problems. I started feeling much better after the first capsule. I only took it for 3 days.