Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of benzonatate oral.

4/20/2019 5:17:12 PM

Reviewer: DonL, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    No relief from persistent cough at all, at times I cough so much it's hard to breath.

4/18/2019 1:37:50 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This medicine worked years ago when I had a lingering cough, however, not this time. I woke up at 4 this morning coughing and also bringing up lots of phlegm that I didn't have last week when this cough started. I initially started on codeine and quaifenesin and that was also ineffective. Back to square one and hopefully medicine #3 will work, whatever that will be.

4/18/2019 3:02:53 AM

Reviewer: cwburns, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Terrible experience with this medicine tonight. Have taken prior and it worked. This time it increased my cough to the point where I am incontinent and can't sleep. It has also given me a very stuffy nose which I did not have prior to taking. I will stop using after only one pill.

4/16/2019 4:45:18 PM

Reviewer: N/A, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was prescribed this medicine for an acute persistent dry cough. Within a week of taking this as directed, I developed bronchitis and the cough had worsened- causing incontinence and pain in my ribs. My cough persisted for over 6 weeks and finally became productive after taking OTC Guaifenesin and getting off this med. Apparently, like Dextromethorphan, this medicine should NEVER be used by asthm ... Show Full Comment

4/12/2019 5:08:29 PM

Reviewer: Nox, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    First, I have never left a review on anything, but I have too on this product. Why this is prescribed for a cough I'll never know? After 24h of prescribed use, my coughing was so bad I was throwing up!!! It did absolutely nothing and this wasn't the first time I was prescribed this. Frankly, with all of the negative reviews I think the item should be removed from the market! I wonder if th ... Show Full Comment

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day