My husband was prescribed Aricept back in November and it's improved his memory/confusion... I noticed in about 2 weeks that he wasn't as confused and had better recall. I know it's not a cure but it helps and it's very obvious right now.

I have had sever tremors ever sinse in legs and hips. I'm now in a wheel chair.Not sure if this is the cause. I woke up one morning could not walk.????

MeMe | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Down Syndrome

I am a 55 year old female,Just started 5mg 3 weeks ago, see a big difference it has really helped me and thinking and talking with people. I feel a lot better so stay tuned will be moving to 10 mg in 1 more week and will update if I can help someone with my experience to make a decision about this medication and keep everyone updated

Anonymous | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
11/21/2019

Father in law has been taking for a few months. Seems more forgetful than prior to use. Also has starting a grunting noise almost constantly , wondering if it’s telated as it’s seems to have started after beginning the drug.

Cinlogan | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
8/18/2019
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

I am posting this again! I am so disgusted with this crap. So you create a medication with the greatest side affect of diarrhea for already impaired individuals!!! I will no longer be giving this to my mother we saw no difference accept her feeling ashamed about diarrhea. Is this the best you can do!!!!

8/18/2019
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

I am beyond disgusted with the most prevalent side affect of this medication. So you create a medication with the side affect of diarrhea with no true efficacy or results to be that are already impaired!!!!! I am beyond disgusted with the health care field and will no longer be giving this crap to my mother

labguru2002 | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
2/15/2019
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

This medication is not a cure for the condition let's make that clear. There is no cure..this medication is just palliative care. It does not stop the progression please do not give out false hope about this medication. My mother-in-law was on it, and my husband and I had her taken off of it. It's just the pharmaceutical companies racking up dollars!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT A CURE!!!!

Brown | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/8/2017
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

It has helped with verbal communication. It may have caused longer, more involved/detailed dreams that I am willing to trade-off on the speech aspect.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/27/2017

I've been taking 10 MG for 2 years due to a fall that lead to a brain injury it has helped me lead a normal life I do have some days of confusion but that is very normal.

Daisy | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/19/2016
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

53 with neurological dementia due to strokes and brain aneurysm this med is amazing

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
6/20/2016
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

Caused severe dizziness for about 1 week and slow heartbeat. Caused diahrea. Once that stopped I notice more alertness and more conversational with others. Ability to function a little better. Doesnt seem to have as much of a "blank" look as before. Has kept her up a night on occasion unless that is just part of the disease.

1/26/2016

test Review for existing drugs Jan

1/7/2016

Others QA Testing!

12/7/2015

test review

oracle2world | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/30/2015

Prescribed for mild cognition deficit (aka "chemo brain") after chemotherapy #3 (my first time in chemotherapy). Appears to work very well from the start. The chemo brain thing is well known amongst patients, but oncologists have little interest in addressing it. The deficit is usually subtle and you would not pick up on it unless it was brought to your attention. It is nonetheless startling to not be able to remember immediately the atomic symbol for potassium ("K") when my potassium level was read to me. Read More Read Less

Critter | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/30/2015
Condition: Cognitive Impairment following Traumatic Brain Injury

Took this med for a concussion and had Severe Reaction to it, Halucinations, severe vomiting , weakness, pain.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
3/29/2015
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

careip | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
3/29/2015
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

Hubby's PCP prescribed aricept about 6 months ago and I noticed an improvement within a few weeks. Very happy and knocking wood.

canada | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
3/25/2015
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

My father was prescribed this medication and I read the reviews here. I was very underwhelmed by the doctors visit. His doctor thinks it might be vascular dementia but his CT scan did not show signs of a stroke. This medication gave him no side effects luckily. My father also does not take any other medication so i was told this may work quickly because of that reason. His moods are a lot better. He was horrible to be around prior to this medication. We will see how long it lasts as we have a follow up appointment after four months with the doctor that prescribed this medication. Read More Read Less

daisey | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/8/2015
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

Started with 5mg November 2014. Now starting 15mg. So far no problems. Have a new MRI scheduled in April.

12/11/2014

QA test for Drugs Mobile API!

Mariann69 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/27/2014
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

I started taking this drug almost a year ago and it has been a lifesaver! I don't feel in free fall mode anymore. I'm still functional. My memory and cognitive abilities haven't gotten a lot better, but they haven't gotten worse either. This drug has stabilized me and I would recommend it to anyone in early stages of Alzheimer's.