My husband was prescribed Aricept back in November and it's improved his memory/confusion... I noticed in about 2 weeks that he wasn't as confused and had better recall. I know it's not a cure but it helps and it's very obvious right now.

I have had sever tremors ever sinse in legs and hips. I'm now in a wheel chair.Not sure if this is the cause. I woke up one morning could not walk.????

Anonymous | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
11/21/2019

Father in law has been taking for a few months. Seems more forgetful than prior to use. Also has starting a grunting noise almost constantly , wondering if it’s telated as it’s seems to have started after beginning the drug.

Cinlogan | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
8/18/2019
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

I am posting this again! I am so disgusted with this crap. So you create a medication with the greatest side affect of diarrhea for already impaired individuals!!! I will no longer be giving this to my mother we saw no difference accept her feeling ashamed about diarrhea. Is this the best you can do!!!!

Anonymous |
8/18/2019
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

I am beyond disgusted with the most prevalent side affect of this medication. So you create a medication with the side affect of diarrhea with no true efficacy or results to be that are already impaired!!!!! I am beyond disgusted with the health care field and will no longer be giving this crap to my mother

labguru2002 | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
2/15/2019
Condition: Alzheimer's Disease

This medication is not a cure for the condition let's make that clear. There is no cure..this medication is just palliative care. It does not stop the progression please do not give out false hope about this medication. My mother-in-law was on it, and my husband and I had her taken off of it. It's just the pharmaceutical companies racking up dollars!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT A CURE!!!!

Brown | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/8/2017
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

It has helped with verbal communication. It may have caused longer, more involved/detailed dreams that I am willing to trade-off on the speech aspect.