since I am on Soc. Sec. Disabilaty and receive barely $1100/mo., I was astonished when even with med. insurance, my pharmacy raised it $22. Why can't you have a generic? Linda

PLease ignore my efficacy ratings - I am merely on day 2, but I am feeling pretty lousy: nausea, sweats, intermittently clammy and just generally feeling crappy. I want to know if others have had a similar experience and if they have, typically how long does these side effects last? My asthma has decompensated to the point that I am oral & inhaled steroid dependent = miserable. I am pinning...

Tennislady | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/3/2020
Condition: Late Onset Asthma

At age 73, I am able to walk 4 miles a day and play tennis without shortness of breath. Zyflo helps me to breath deeper. Just wish it was less expensive and I get the generic brand.

Niki H | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/16/2014
Condition: Asthma Prevention

I was having a horrible time with my asthma, despite being on symbicort, some other inhaler, and singular. Finally, my allergy/asthma doctor prescribed this as kind of a last resort before having to take asthma shots. Luckily, it has worked wonders. It has helped so much with my asthma. I hardly ever have to use my rescue inhaler or nebulizer anymore and it has even helped with my allergies, too, which was a nice surprise. It's a great med. I do have to go for liver tests every six months, but it's worth it for a med that actually works for my asthma. Now I take it and symbicort and my asthma is very controlled, with only the occasional flare up.

getnbetr | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/1/2014
Condition: Asthma Prevention

When my doctor added this to my regiment it made an amazing difference to my health. I have chemical induced asthma, so this along with the other 3 inhalers and 2 oral medications changed my life. I was taking 4 a day but then started having stomach complications, I felt that there was a correlation between the meds and my stomach issue. I since decreased to two a day and found feeling much better. I have to say that this medicine was the turn around for me and despite the few issues, it is well worth not having continuous asthma attacks over the slightest odor or fume.

bubbaluigi | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/5/2013
Condition: Allergic Asthma

This medication has been a life saver. Highly responsive to salycilates I had to use corticoids to control my asthma til I started using Z.

Nov | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/19/2013
Condition: Allergic Asthma

I was initially prescribed two pills twice day but now take 1 pill twice daily for my moderately severe asthma. Previously I had been taking Accolate. On Zyflo my lung function has significantly improved, I feel better, more energetic and even my arthritis is better. On Xyflo I don't seem to get as sick with my asthma every time I get a cold or the next pollen season arrives which here in Texas is weekly. Thankfully it is currently covered by our insurance after meeting deductible or I probably would not be able to afford this drug. It is quite expensive and has gone up $$ since I began taking it. However, my health has improved considerably so 8 will continue with it as long as possible.