I was prescibed this medication for 2 reasons. For Migrane prevention and to help with my panic disorder and depression. Before I started taking this I would have up to 2 panic attacks in a day and after all of the Hospital visits for migranes and the pain pills and no results I was starting to feel helpless. I couldn't sleep, relax or deal with stressful situations without ending up in a panic at...

Taken for nerve pain after a RTA and resulting whiplash and ocipital neuralgia. Nasty drug, left me wacked out and feeling stoned, not enough warnings given by doc about side effects and drove whilst first on this drug and on a high dose, very dangerous. Had to take in liquid form so could reduce dose myself as so reactive to the drug. Only take if you really really have to it makes you feel detac...

BJMeyer | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
12/4/2013
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

This drug doesn't work for the patients chronic leg pain. She is groggy in the morning.

Sis | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/19/2012
Condition: Disorder characterized by Stiff, Tender & Painful Muscles

made me feel dizzy

CharmingPiper7 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/11/2011
Condition: Migraine Prevention

This is my miricle cure when it comes to migraine prevention but the morning drowsiness is difficult to overcome. I suffered for 4 months with a cluster migraine and nothing would work until I took Amitriptyline, 2 doses and no more headache! I have to take it daily for prevention but I haven't had a migraine in over a year and if you suffer from migraines, you'll know how amazing that is! I take it at night before bed so I sleep through most of the drowsiness but it's still hard getting out of bed in the morning.

Maggie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/16/2011

I was prescribed 25 mg for shingles' pain, which helped immediately but I also found that I had depression and sleep deprivation that I didn't realize I even had, having been laid off of my job after 19 years. I have not slept this deeply (lots of good dreams) nor felt so rested in the AM as I do now this med. It IS hard to wake up in the morning and I often needs lots of coffee and often take a nap but I feel so much better than I did before (I was depressed without knowing it) that I find it very helpful ! I had forgotten what it was like to feel rested in the AM, good during the day and sleep well for 8-10 hrs. at night.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/16/2010
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

This drug doesnt seem to help with my pain...for my herniated disc. It does help me sleep, but the drowseness the next day is not worth it to me.