Evens mood very quickly. Easy to take in liquid form. I have not noticed any side effects yet,

Lithium just made me feel sleepy, and salivate more. Water would probably be a better mood-stabilizer than this slightly toxic non-natural piece of metal that they sell as 'the' bipolar medication.

john | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/11/2020
Condition: Rapid Cycle Manic-Depression

Excellent drug.Has really helped me. i'm sure it has saved my life. Don't give up. Give it a try.

China blue | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/6/2016
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I can honestly say I would not be alive today without Lithium. I had tried so many meds that didn't work I was considering electroshock therapy. I had tried to commit suicide 3 times. After three days of taking Lithium it was as if I felt a switch turn on in my brain. The depression and endless crying stopped. I'm not saying I don't have days when I struggle. I have plenty. But since taking this drug I have never once had the urge to hurt myself. Attempting suicide feels foreign to me now. I'm not saying Lithium works for everyone. We all react differently to meds. But if you are desperate it might be worth asking your doctor about it.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/9/2013
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I was mis-diagnosed and Lithium gave me permanent Thyroid disfunction. Don't take it. Now I have to take a daily pill for my thyroid. Lithium is in batteries and is poisonous

Rev Jim | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/18/2013
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I have been on Li for a long time and I don't think i will be here without it. I have tried other medications and nothing has helped. I take 1800mg of the liquid and I will say if i could take more I would but the doc can't give me anymore. It is a wonder drug for me but a poison for others. Try other drugs first but if it works why monkey with it.

pyxiechick | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2012
Condition: Rapid Cycle Manic-Depression

I only took lithium for 2 weeks before my husband took me the the ER. Unfortunately I don't remember the entire week before going to the ER. He said I was bouncing off the wall - literally, which was evindent by the many bruises I took note of after I had been detoxed. I lost my balance badly one day and fell into the street. All my NP's, RN and CNS's knew this, but didn't connect it with the litium. I was just a tad over the minimum level, but it was toxic to me. I was hospitalized for 3 days for detoxification. If I had been alone I don't see how I would have known that the drug was having that bad of effects for me. Make sure your medical team sees you every week and hopefully they will see the drastic change in your demeaner. Just because you lithium levels aren't outside the range does not mean you are not toxic. I can't even imagine if I had gone driving. It was one of the scariest two weeks of my life.