its the only medication i have been able to use in years

Ruthieb | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/6/2014
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I have not felt good since this drug was taken off the market. Exhausted and unable to lose weight. Please bring this back!

leo | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/2/2012
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Yes bring it back I have felt awful for two years now, gaining weight, not eatting, and my doc. just keeps saying no its working, right I'm sooo tired. help need thyrolar

cody | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/26/2012
Condition: Decreased Thyroid Function existing from Birth

I have taken a thyroid med. since I was 9 years old. 70 years! I was doing fine, could lose weight when I went on reasonable diet. For over 40 years I have been on 3 gr. They took it off the market/I was put on Armour/had episode with racing heart so they took me off for all thy. for 5 weeks, did a scan, found nodules/ put me on Synthroid. I went from thinking I was dying in the ER with my heart rate 150 to almost a year later wishing I could die.I am so weak I cannot walk across the room/cannot shop/stomach like I am 9 month preg./lost eyebrows/no bodily hair/can't lose weight, infact gained almost 20 in 2 weeks. Now on compounded thyroid but no change. I want Thyrolar back.

teacher | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/30/2011
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

when will they bring it back? or why doesn't another company make the drug..... anyone remember euthroid? they took it off the market first...so sad... forrest get with it! i've taken thyroid medicine my whole adult live and thyrolar was great..what's out there now just doesn't cut it.

frustrated | 65-74 | Female | Patient
11/26/2010

I have used Thyrolar for 30 years, except when it was unavailable. During periods of unavailability, I take Armour thyroid. I am taking Armour now, but hope Thyrolar returns soon, as nothing else works as well for me and I am gaining weight (something that has never been a problem for me). I have tried Synthroid at a doctor's insistence ("everybody" takes Synthroid), but did not have the same sense of well-being. Why are we going through years of Thyrolar unavailability?