My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 3. We had 3 different doctors confirm diagnosis before we took any additional steps. Right now, the main problem is his hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The daytrana patch is a lifesaver! Especially at his young age, he wouldn't swallow the pills. He actually refers to the patch as his special bandaid that helps him be good. We did have sleep issues also...

cruthie | 35-44 | Female | Patient
8/29/2020
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

This has been a miracle drug for me. I've been on it for around two years and am living a productive, organized, and happy life. I couldn't imagine going back to other stimulant preparations. I'm just so grateful that there is something like this on the market that can help me so much. In my view, the other meds I took didn't even come close to this one. No, I can't imagine going back to the ups and the downs I would experience with other meds. Daytrana has changed my life.

phxmom | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
9/26/2017
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 3rd grade. We tried Straterra, Vyvance, Intuniv, and Focalin XR. All had negative side affects. Daytranna works great. He has all A's in school. I like the ability to only have to use it when needed. One big downside is the cost. With Atena insurance, we still pay over $300 per month. My son also had a decreased appetite on Daytrana. So, I had him eat a big breakfast and dinner because he didn't eat lunch. And, I give him a break in the summer so he can gain back some weight.

sncc3 | 13-18 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/25/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Love love love this medicine. When I was diagnosed in elementary school, I tried Vyvanse (made me hate everyone and everything), stratera, focalin, and maybe one other, but my hatred/inability to take pills as a child and the severe mood changes that were a common side effect ruled out these options. When I began Daytrana, my mother and I immediately loved that I could take it off at any time, allowing me to be my carefree self when I wanted to be. I still love this part of the medicine as a senior in high school. After school on Fridays, I will take it off prior to any football game or social gathering and be able to be myself. It keeps me focused all day long, whether it is during school or during sporting events, and has helped me all throughout high school. When they began to be recalled and harder to find, I was very upset, but luckily I've figured out a way to wear multiple of smaller dosages to continue using them. I also take Focalin (now that I take pills easily) in the event that a patch is not available, but daytrana works far better and helped me get around the adversity I had towards pills at a young age.

apple | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/16/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I was prescribed Daytrana for 5 years ago and have been taking it since. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in 3rd grade and my grades have always been up and down. I am 19 now, and I can honestly say it has helped me get through college level courses in highschool and college. I have tried stattera, adderall, and ritilan and find that this is the best ADHD drug for me. I love that I can take it off when the side effects start coming into play. The only complaint I have is that when I first started taking it I had virtually no appetite and became critically underweight and eventually started fainting. I was able to over come this by taking it off after a couple hours, I also sometimes only take half the patch if I know I'm going to be around a lot of people (It does affect my personality when I'm on it, but the bad outweighs the good).

Lizzie | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/5/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I am 36 years old and have been using Daytrana for around 8 years. I didn't start medication for ADHD until I was 20 and failing out of college without my parents around to help me study. Ritalin, then Adderall and concerta were life changing in the fact that I was finally able to understand and actually learn things in a classroom setting. However, the pills were easy to abuse and very hard to come down from, especially when I was up to a higher dosage. Daytrana has been a huge help in my adult life. The downside is that when I don't wear the patch, I am severely tired and sleepy.