If an alcoholic ever wished for a "magic pill" to get rid of drinking, this is 99.9% it (in injection form). I've taken it once a month for 7 months and despite wanting to drink and drinking every hour of every day, I've been sober for 7 months and counting. This medication does two things for me. It takes away the craving & need to drink and, if I DO succumb and start to drink, I get no buzz, no ...

haven't had shot yet. My problem is back pain. In Michigan they keep cutting back on pain meds which I take as directed.

NoscreennameAA | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/25/2021
Condition: Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol

The shot hurts my butt, otherwise I have no cravings. I've had 2 shots so far, have been sober for 3 months now after drinking a quart to one gallon a day of whisky for two years. After I detoxed my cravings were really bad, I was surprised this surprised this eliminated it, also helped with the PAWS and shakes

Ishotthesherriff | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/27/2020
Condition: Prevention of Opiate Drug Abuse

Before Vivitrol I was living on borrowed time with my opiate addiction which in 7 years was unsuccessful with just about any other treatment you could think of. I had tried buprenorphine, methadone, Keaton, acupuncture, Ayahuasca- literally everything. Then I heard about Vivitrol and thought why not. The day finally came to get my first shot 13 months ago and I haven't looked back since. They poke you right in your butt cheek and it can sting a bit but not bad. After that it's 100% effective for 28-30 days. It's too powerful to try and override or manipulate in any way so your FORCED to change your habits and way of thinking no matter how bad you want to use. Without insurance it's expensive but most plans would cover it I would think as it is a life changing medicine. I know the courts and probation agencies love recommending it to people that may be going thru legal issues as a result of their addiction. Highly recommend for anyone that wants their life back.

iamtim | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/3/2018
Condition: Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol

Michele Jean | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/23/2018
Condition: Prevention of Opiate Drug Abuse

I wish i would've read these before getting the shot. I have been on methadone for the past 2 years. Gradually decreased down to 1mg and stopped. Waited 2 and a half weeks before going to get the shot. I have only been smoking marijuana in the mean time. I just got my first one 4 days ago and I've felt horrible since. My left ass cheek hurts so bad i havent been able to sit or lay on it.I've also had a head ache for the past 4 days. Pretty bad stomach cramps, nausea, but the worst is the anxiety/ restlessness.Can't sleep at all. Feel very panicky. I felt better doing it on my own. I will definitely not be going to get another one.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/5/2016
Condition: Prevention of Opiate Drug Abuse

If I hadn't found out about Vivitrol, I would not be here to write this story. You have to want a new life and to stay clean. I'm not one to sugar coat anything, and I will say it is rough in the beginning. If you have the determination to stay clean, and follow through with all your goals then I 110% suggest this treatment.