This is a good med. I have been chronic pain patient following car accident 10years ago. I was on oxycontin and percocet for break through... this is better. It took three months before I think I got the full effect of what it cold do for me. Something about the receptors being fully turned on for this med. I was frustrated at first, needing something for breakthrough. I am glad I trusted the phys...

I had to switch from Oxycontin to oxymorphone due to insurance reasons. This drug has not worked at all for me. The oxycontin worked wonders but the oxymorphone is of no help. I also went from 20mg Oxycontin to 15mg oxymorphone. Thanks insurance company for ruining my life!! (Chartis)

Anonymous |
4/17/2021
Condition: Pain

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/9/2020
Condition: Severe Pain

By far the most effective opioid drug I have taken. Seven years of relief from CRPS. Car accident: both hips fractured, left femur fractured, meniscus torn left knee, lumbar spinal stenosis, herniated disc, whole body central neuropathic pain 24/7 365. On a good day my pain level can get down to 3-4. It hurts to type this review. Oxymorphone is a lifesaver.If only I could get prescribed enough medication for an entire month. DEA guidelines cause suffering and needless pain based on non scientific, non personalized numbers pulled from thin air. In 2012 I was prescribed Oxymorphone 30 mg, 60 a month, Oxycodone 30mg, 150 a month, Ketamine 25 mg, 60 a month and I had enough medication for 30 days, NEVER a problem, ever. Yet I am punished, undermedicated because heroin user's are getting Fentanyl hot shots. Patients suffering severe, intractable pain should get enough medication to bring under control, 3-4, without side effects or addiction without the need to stay under mythical levels e.g. 90 new. Oxymorphone is a lifesaver and boosts my quality of life dramatically.

DrT | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/19/2019
Condition: Chronic Pain

My pain doctor of 8 years decided to cut my pain medication based upon a CDC article on opioid overdosing. The CDC set a scale of 100 for the limit dosage. My score was 105. He reduced my Morphine ER from 30 mg to 15mg. After 3 days I was in the E.R. fighting withdrawal. Another pain doc picked me up and put me on this drug. I experienced immediate relief. It is fast acting but seems to "run dry" just about an hour before it is due. Over all, I am relieved as it works better than Percocet and even tho it runs dry, it still lasts longer than the Percocet. I have some scalp itching that I have never had before. It is a small price to pay for the improvement in my quality of life. I know my body will pay a price for using this drug (or other opioids) but now I can attend my Church three times a week. I can shop for my groceries and do a few other chores where otherwise I would have been stuck in bed. Without the pain meds I would be useless. I have had 4 surgeries on my spine in the last 10 years to deal with compression, ruptures, stenosis, and bone growth from scar tissue. I use a cane now in place of a wheelchair. All because of pain management. I have had every possible form of therapy from acupuncture and ti Chi to the surgeries mentioned. Without the meds I would be frozen in a bed wishing and waiting to die. This medication may not be the best, nor the cheapest (I have a $100 copay for 60 10mg pills a month), but it works. It is part of the best combination of pain meds I have taken and I am most greatful to the makers. God bless them and the work that they do.

Proemed | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/22/2019
Condition: Chronic Pain

Chronic pain and drug resistant hypertension This stuff really works and tolerance is not a prob anymore. U can stay at the same dose

Thatguyrocky | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/13/2018
Condition: Severe Pain with Opioid Tolerance

Have tried many narcotic and non narcotic drug combinations before, and Iâ??d have to say that Roxicodone (oxycodone HCL) is the best for my pain. Recently added Oxymorphone ER (Opana ER), for round the clock pain management. Due to my tolerance to roxicodone, my doctor also switched me to oxymorphone IR (regular Opana). The IR isnâ??t as affective in treating my chronic shoulder pain (3 previous failed surgeries, need to get a TSR) over the roxicodone, but still relatively affective in managing my pain to the point I can still work and lead a â??normalâ? life. Overall recommendation, give it a chance. It may take 1-3 weeks for the medication to take full effect, due to the process of having to build up, but once it does, it is definitely effective.