tried puralube first...and while this product is alittle more exspensive..it was worth it...

The moderate to severe Genteal liquid gel drops only has 1/4 of carboxy. as Refresh Liquigel. Genteal is not nearly as effective for those with dry eyes and eye strain.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/4/2016
Condition: Drying and Inflammation of Cornea and Conjunctiva of Eyes

Most severe level works best for me before bed Used with heated mask.

baba | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/18/2014
Condition: Dry Eye

The ointment is difficult to use. It stays on the tip of the tube instead of going into the eyes. When finally succeeding in the application, it does keep the eyelids lubricated during the night. My eyes don't feel comfortable and rested the next day. An undesirable side effect is bloodshot eyes. I wish I knew what to do for this problem.

ladyblue | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/26/2014
Condition: Dry Eye

Before I started using GenTeal gel before going to sleep, I was getting up at least three times a night to use artificial tears. Now I sleep through the night, and my eyes are still comfortable when I awake in the morning. I use it after reading in bed just before turning out the light because it does temporarily blur vision. The GenTeal drops help during the day but are not as long lasting as the gel. GenTeal ointment is also very effective for nighttime use, but because the tiny tube does not last as long as the gel, it is more expensive to use regularly. However, the ointment also lubricates the skin around my eyes, which is a plus.

Anonymous |
11/11/2013

Linda415 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/19/2013
Condition: Drying and Inflammation of Cornea and Conjunctiva of Eyes

I have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis and this works better than the many prescriptions 3 different ophthalmologists have given me the last 5 years. I also wash my eyes and lashes several times a day with Hibiclens. This routine has greatly improved my chronic eye inflammation. Find what works for you. Do not just rely on your doctor.