Don't let the negative reviews scare you! The majority of people using Implanon are happy so they don't bother to leave reviews online! I didn't get Implanon for years because of the negative reviews and now I wish I had talked to my doctor more and read fewer reviews. I have had my implant for 6 months now. I have no periods and no spotting and it has lifted a weight off my mind that was always t...

When I first recieved bc it was ok the first three days.In november I got it put in and it is now december, I want to stop bleeding. Yhea, it works because your man don't want you if you are bleeding and moody everyday. I don't like 7 days, but 7 sound better than 5 weeks. I am getting it taken out on January 9. I want to celebrate christmas, New years, and definately Valentine with my husband, pl...

Concerned | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/13/2019

I had my implant put in November 2018 and in January 2019 I started experiencing severe headaches. Then in March 2019 I started having problems with my eyesight. I thought the headaches is caused by the fact that my eyesight is getting bad due to working on a computer everyday. But turns out the implanon caused pressure on my brain and made the optic nerves of my eyes swell. So please if any one is having these symptoms have yourself checked out.

Kiki | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/12/2019

Iâ??m 30 years of age with two children. Iâ??ve had every form of birth control you can imagine. While this is one of the best options for birth control as far as effectiveness and easy use, Iâ??m taking it out. The first four months I had periods every two weeks that lasted 12 days. During that in between phase, I spotted. It was horrible! Then I wouldnâ??t get a period for five months at a time and when my period came, it was excruciating and long with two weeks of spotting following. My sex drive is nonexistent and mood swings are through the roof and my vaginal irritation, discharge and my vagina are not kosher. This is too much for me. Rashes that come anywhere and everywhere on my body, acne and some bouts of depression. everyoneâ??s body is different and while it is effective and easy to use, itâ??s not for me. Iâ??m going to look towards a more permanent method.

Cassie95 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/5/2018

I'm not sure if it's just anxiety but does or did anyone experience a tingling sensation in their breasts or back because I have noticed since I got it I've had it as well as spotting and breast tenderness.

Lindz | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/11/2018

Hi, I got the Implanon towards month end nov 2017, I was using diet pills at that time but stopped bcoz I had reached my goal of 62kg. in Dec 2017 I ate like a horse, I realized that I was not gaining weight, that was good. come Jan 2018, my appetite was Gone, I lost 1kg every week, I am now 55.6kg I am so moody, I am depressed, I want it out but scared to fall pregnant, I like the current weight bcoz I'm short (1.5) but my happiness is no more. I feel lonely most of the time, the fun-loving me is missing somewhere in the Implanon, and to make it worst I have marrital problems and I don't know what is what.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/25/2017

I hate it so much! Let me start off my saying I no longer feel like myself. I just can never be happy. Anything and everything makes me cry ( I was never an emotional peroson)!!! I get my period every 2 weeks for about 7-10 days. When getting my period I get the worse cramps. I've gained about 15 pounds and no longer want to have sex with my boyfriend. Don't get me wrong the BC does great by not getting me pregnant BUT to me dealing with all the side effects is messing with my head and making me go crazy. It's even taking a toll on my boyfriend. I'm getting it taken out next week