I used to bounce back and forth with different medications with my dermatologist attempting to find the best one. I used the retin a micro gel and that dried my skin out extremely. My skin is very sensitive. Once I started using the retin a micro pump, I was nothing but happy with my results! I had a little bit of dryness at first, but nothing that wasn't fixed with a little exfoliation & moisturi...

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/6/2018
Condition: Acne

I started using tretinoin cream 0.0025% in April, after 3 months my doctor put me on Retin A Micro because he thought I needed a stronger drug. After 3 months on tretinoin my skin was at its absolute worst, as it has to go through the "purge" phase. But, after 5 more months on Retin A my skin has never been better. I encourage you to stick with either of these drugs for the long hall!! My skin has virtually no pimples and my scars have faded drastically. The side effects were minor for me, dryness, and the worsening of my acne. However, it was all completely worth it. Before this I tried almost every drug out there besides Accutane, which I cant take for other health reasons, and nothing worked. I would highly recommend either of these drugs.

Kim | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/18/2018
Condition: Acne

I started using this medicine to get rid of adult acne, soften wrinkles and improve skin appearance. Was a rough go at first with intense flakiness (like face dandruff!). So I would exfoliate with scrubs and buff puffs which I thought was helping - but my derm. said is making it worse. He said just use at night (every other day, working up to every day) on a dry face and mix with a little moisturizer when applying - and no exfoliating. Took a month or two but worth the fantastic results. I occasionally get compliments on my skin (which surprises me bc my face isn't perfect, with beauty marks, a scar, etc.) but I think, as my derm put it, there's a healthy glow about it (that results from retinoid use). I'd recommend staying with it using above tips for a month or two first. I found it was worth it for me.

JW | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/7/2017
Condition: Acne

It's really great for getting rid of acne, which is the main goal, for sure. But I can't get pass how terrible the side effects are. My chin and around the nose is SUPER dry and flaky after 24 hours of just one use. I've had the prescription a little less than a year, and still so hesitant to continue its use because of the extreme redness and dryness. Every time. And sadly, covering it with foundation makes it more obvious. But hey, if you can stick it out all for getting rid of stubborn acne, go for it! The dryness isn't worth it for me, but it may be for you.

TanyaR | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/18/2016
Condition: Acne

I never had acne in my life til I turned 40. My beautiful complexion was ruined by horrible acne scars. I have only been on this medication for 2 weeks and I notice a 85% improvement already. Not one pimple and the scarring is barely noticeable. This has been the best medication prescribed

blakekirsten | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/9/2015
Condition: Acne

I have been on retin a micro pump 0.08% for six weeks now. so far I have noticed no improvement. my skin is dry around my mouth and nose and flakes. I have always been into wearing makeup, but after wearing makeup for a few ours, my skin starts to flake up and peel. it's horrible! also, all the pimples I have, don't get better, they get worse. it takes weeks for them to go away and they turn into scabs. it's so horrible!! I'm going to stick with it for now and see what happens. I hope it gets better!!! use cetaphil face wash morning and night and use cetaphil spf moisturizer only in the mornings. sometimes at night after I apply my retin a, I will put Vaseline all over my lips, around my mouth and the tip of my nose. also when my skin is extra dry and flaky, I will use st Ives green tea scrub.