I was prescribed this med to help with racing thoughts and it has worked wonders. It has controlled the thoughts and I do not drink nor crave alcohol at all. It is a miracle drug and it is a great weight management pill to boot. Two thumbs up!

After taking Topamax for the first time, it made me feel extremely strange. I got a tingly feeling in my entire head, it gave me a headache, and my whole body felt extremely fatigued. I felt more spaced out than usual, too. It was terrible so I called my doctor that day. He said "You need to try to push through the side effects, they'll subside after a few days." Well, let me tell you, they did no...

aubrey | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/15/2021

this medication made me have psychosis, after a day i was puking and lost ability to do normal everyday things like take cook or speak fluently. it’s been half a year since i took this medication and i’m still not over the trauma it put me through. in a week i was 83 lbs and unable to move. i would lose hair in clumps and couldn’t touch food without the thought of puking. i would wake up hoping i’d die for the first week. i started to think i was bleeding or having kidney stones but i was just losing my mind. i never experienced anger or lashing out but i would slip into episodes of uncontrollable shaking anger and even snapped on a health care worker trying to push more medication on me. i would also uncontrollably hurt myself at times because “i had to”. i felt like i was in a constant daze, always in the backseat of my own mind. loud noises would make me start crying and punching myself. i carried stuffed animals and squeeze toys around so i wouldn’t harm myself, and i reverted back into a child for the first week. i lost touch of reality. absolutely nothing improved. if you want to lose 20 pounds in a week and have a severe case of delusional thinking paired with suicidal ideation then this is perfect for you. it almost took my life and i’ve never been myself since. i’m a shell of a person i was before this medication.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2021
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

I took this medication for 3 days and before this i took keppra for my epilepsy and I kid you not when I tell you that they brought on the worst thought I’ve ever had cross my mind so bad that I had to be put in a mental institution involuntarily for 4 days due to a brief psychotic disorder with homicidal thoughts(you can do that I’m florida) never taking anticonvulsant ever again!!!!

Cori | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/7/2021
Condition: Simple Partial Seizures

Topamax is the only med that has controlled my focal seizures I have 2 types. Been on it for 16 years I rarely get a headache yes there are side effects but worth having my seizures controlled. I also lost weight.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/22/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I am taking this to treat daily migraines. When it effects work, it becomes a problem. I am now taking 125mg a day. Twice a day now. 50mg morning. 75mg at bedtime. For me, at first because I am a cannabis user, the dizziness was heavy, so I had to ease up on the use of cannabis. The numbness was hard at first but gradually, was less and less. Now it's just a tingle. I feel a but sluggish at times but nothing a cup of coffee can't fix during the day. Sometimes I catch my self lost with my thinking, but it's not sever. Not something I'm overly concerned about, but would monitor, knowing the side effect.

Happiness | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/13/2021
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

I have been on topiramate the generic of topomax for 12 plus yrs when I first started It was a love hate relationship because it worked for my seziours and my migraines but the side effects were awful suicide thoughts tingling etc. They were trying to get the right dose after couple months they got it so 6yrs back I started having issues like low potassium kidney stones hair loss I never thought that it is my medicine and keep going as the yrs go on UTIs yeast infections balance issues hard time with speech memory and rash around the neck and chest the more research that my boyfriend and I have been doing lately we found out that it is the medicine and it is time to switch so I found something keppra and I found a new neurologist this is long term use issues