I was prescribed this med to help with racing thoughts and it has worked wonders. It has controlled the thoughts and I do not drink nor crave alcohol at all. It is a miracle drug and it is a great weight management pill to boot. Two thumbs up!

After taking Topamax for the first time, it made me feel extremely strange. I got a tingly feeling in my entire head, it gave me a headache, and my whole body felt extremely fatigued. I felt more spaced out than usual, too. It was terrible so I called my doctor that day. He said "You need to try to push through the side effects, they'll subside after a few days." Well, let me tell you, they did no...

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2021
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

I took this medication for 3 days and before this i took keppra for my epilepsy and I kid you not when I tell you that they brought on the worst thought I’ve ever had cross my mind so bad that I had to be put in a mental institution involuntarily for 4 days due to a brief psychotic disorder with homicidal thoughts(you can do that I’m florida) never taking anticonvulsant ever again!!!!

Cori | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/7/2021
Condition: Simple Partial Seizures

Topamax is the only med that has controlled my focal seizures I have 2 types. Been on it for 16 years I rarely get a headache yes there are side effects but worth having my seizures controlled. I also lost weight.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/22/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I am taking this to treat daily migraines. When it effects work, it becomes a problem. I am now taking 125mg a day. Twice a day now. 50mg morning. 75mg at bedtime. For me, at first because I am a cannabis user, the dizziness was heavy, so I had to ease up on the use of cannabis. The numbness was hard at first but gradually, was less and less. Now it's just a tingle. I feel a but sluggish at times but nothing a cup of coffee can't fix during the day. Sometimes I catch my self lost with my thinking, but it's not sever. Not something I'm overly concerned about, but would monitor, knowing the side effect.

Happiness | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/13/2021
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

I have been on topiramate the generic of topomax for 12 plus yrs when I first started It was a love hate relationship because it worked for my seziours and my migraines but the side effects were awful suicide thoughts tingling etc. They were trying to get the right dose after couple months they got it so 6yrs back I started having issues like low potassium kidney stones hair loss I never thought that it is my medicine and keep going as the yrs go on UTIs yeast infections balance issues hard time with speech memory and rash around the neck and chest the more research that my boyfriend and I have been doing lately we found out that it is the medicine and it is time to switch so I found something keppra and I found a new neurologist this is long term use issues

Jtopa | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Itâ??s been years since I took this drug but I still think about it frequently because of how bad my reaction was to it. I was prescribed 100 mgs a day for headaches. The first day I took this drug I noticed that everything tasted like diet soda. I had this gross taste in my mouth that I couldnâ??t get rid of. The second day was complete insanity! I was so confused, scared and numb feeling. My face was tingling and I felt very weak. I couldnâ??t figure out how to use my phone to order food, and I knew I couldnâ??t drive, so I asked a friend for help. I had to call off work because I couldnâ??t formulate sentences properly. I became so distraught that I couldnâ??t do anything without crying. Literally couldnâ??t even figure out how to get a glass of water. Then I began hallucinating. I thought I was 3 different versions of myself and that the version of me that was a college student was suing the version of me that took the medication for ruining my chances at making good grades. I was scared shitless of being sued and kept apologizing to people, including my boss, for being â??badâ?. Luckily my boss was very understanding and one of my coworkers was familiar with the negative effects of topamax because it made her mom become schizophrenic! If you are taking this for the first time, make sure you have people around you who will notice changes in your mood and help you if you become completely unable to care for yourself. It took me almost a week to feel normal again and I still felt so embarrassed to go back to work because my boss knew all about how crazy I was feeling.