I am 28 and have tried many types of BC. Ortho tri (lost weight but made me break out like crazy) Nova777 (made me feel wierd and moody) Ortho Evra Patch (loved it but after being on it awhile I started to have skin problems and was very moody) and now the quasense. In the begining I loved it. Very little cramping, my skin cleared up somewhat from how it had been on the patch and my mood improved....

I have never had such a horrible experience with birth control or a doctor's office.I just wanted to lower my risk of cancer and have a normal period with this drug. I am underweight and my periods were irregular. The first week was bad enough with black spotting that turned into a period one week after I had supposedly finished my period. Three weeks of bleeding is ridiculous. Then cramping, bloa...

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/10/2018

I have been taking this for about 4 years now. It is nice to not have your period every month, more like every 3, but as of recently I am looking to switch. I was off the medication for a month. In that time I lost weight without diet change, felt 100 times better, my mood was WAY better, I was just happier and more comfortable in my skin. In the past 4 years I have been semi moody (definitely severe PMS before period) and always just feel so so bloated although I am very active and eat a very regulated diet. Going back on the pill after that break, I am now bloated again, moody, and anxious. It was great for a while, but the constant bloat and mood swings aren't worth it.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/19/2018

I can not understand why my mood swings had gotten so bad! I did not understand why I had gained so much weight. I did not understand where the vaginal drynesss was coming from and now it is all clear. I recently contacted my doctor about what to do to combat my PMS/PMDD symptoms and he decided to switch me to a completely different pill. After reading these reviews, I see I should've switched a long time ago. I used Quasense for over a year and did not have the same problems over the course of that time but as the months went on the symptoms got worse.I got to the point that I could not take any more and I have switched. The only upside to this BC is that your period only comes once every three months but for the symptoms I was dealing with, it was not good enough to stick with. Hopefully my next prescription works better.

Sam | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/10/2018

I have been taking quasense pills for about a year now and I'm ready for a new pill. I've had all the typical side effects from this pill, weight gain and finding it difficult to lose it. Acne, bloating, mood swings, depression has worsened and irregular spotting monthly.

Pickle | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/24/2017

I have been on Quasense for 3 months now, and so far so good. I haven't had an spotting, nausea, or weight gain. My acne has decreased significantly, too. I also take this product to help with my period pains, too. So far, my period pains have only decreased a little bit, but my flow has decreased significantly, which is great. I think I can handle the pain better now, though, since I'll only have it 4 times a year. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good birth control medicine.

ehchum | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2016

Chest and back acne when I never had any before. Weird bumps popping up on my arms. I lost 20 pounds 3 years ago; I gained 15 of it back in 2.5 months without any change in diet. I bled every day (not period amount but more than spotting). Depression was intensified. My breasts are enlarged and have shooting pain. Don't take this medication.