I have been on this birth control for over 2 years now and I love it. The worst part about it is that I get really moody the week before my cycle. As I was reading other reviews I noticed a lot of people saying that they've been on it for 5 weeks two 2 months and keep bleeding. That is normal, I had the same problem at first, I pretty much bled for two months strait so called my doctor. She said t...

Well these past three weeks I have been taking jolessa I have experienced dull pain in my stomach, tightness in my chest, acne, weight gain, I suffer from depression and it is much worse, on top of me and my fiance fight all the time because I am a bitch and will snap over the smallest things. Everyone has their moments but I will be talking to my doctor about switching my BC.

Emily | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/24/2021
Condition: Premenstrual Disorder with a State of Unhappiness

I have gained over 40 pounds within 8 months of taking this medication. Do not take it unless you want to gain this amount. It also caused my blood pressure to sky rocket high. HOWEVER it did truly help with my PMDD as I never got my period on it but I would almost rather deal with the depression than the insane amount of weight this particular BC caused me. and yes my doctor and I did process of elimination and it was in fact the birth control that caused the amount of weight gain.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year |
3/17/2021
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

Okay so the first 2 months are good for me but going into the third month I spot for 2-3 weeks until it’s time to take the placebo pill (the “sugar” pill). I haven’t had any noticeable side effects. I did gain weight but I’m not sure if it’s from the medicine or quarantine. I was on it for almost a year but now I am switching because I’m not satisfied with the random spotting even though I’m supposed to be period free for 3 months.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/16/2018
Condition: Painful Periods

I was started on this pill by my doctor for suspected endometriosis, as my periods have been getting increasingly painful. For the first 3 months, my ONLY complaint was weird muscle cramping in my legs (and yes I got an ultrasound to rule-out DVT- the curse of working in healthcare!!). However, my first placebo week was HORRIBLE. The worst pain I have ever experienced on my period. Then in the weeks after my placebo week I broke out with horrible cystic acne like I've never had before. While not getting my period every month was great, I cannot live my life obsessing about this horrible acne all over my face. The progesterone in this pill is highly androgenic, so I asked for a pill with a different progesterone. We'll see how it goes! Overall, please know that COC's will affect every individual differently, so by all means give this medication a try because it might work for you!

Judi | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/21/2017

I have been using this birth control for several years now (around 6 years) and it has always worked very well for me. I'm 26 years old now. My body adjusted to this pill super easily, but of course it helps significantly if you are able to take it consistently at nearly the exact same hour every day! I love love love having only 4 periods a year. This has made a huge positive impact on my life. I almost never have to worry or even think about a period. My OBGYN as well as my own research has assured me that there is no risk to my health by only having 4 periods a year instead of 12. This is the beautiful thing about science and advancements in medical research in the age we live in. One caution: I do recommend taking this pill early in the day, after eating something. Otherwise it can be harsh on your stomach, especially if you missed a previous days pill and now have to take 2 pills instead of 1.

Mwl5603 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/28/2017

Getting your period 4 times a year instead of 12 is great. Also don't read these reviews right before going on birth control or you will psych yourself out and it will terrify you. Just get it and if there are issues you and your doctor can work on it.