It seems to work to improve my cholesterol ratings. However, it does cause some occasional flushing. They have recently introduced a new improved form that does not produce as much flushing. The tablets are orange in color as oposed to the original white ones. I do take one 81 mg asirin 15 minutes prior to taking Niaspan with Crestor.

silvertip | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/15/2013
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

The flashing effect is very disturbing and I have taken this med for several years. My Dr advised to take Aleve to counteract the flashing and it has worked well for me.

Joe | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/6/2012
Condition: High Amount of Triglyceride in the Blood

Within 10 days of starting this medication I developed severe stomach pain and numbness in both thumbs. It took over two months for my stomach to recover although it is still very sensitive. The numbness has improved but not gone away.

FAYMOSE | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/4/2011
Condition: High Cholesterol
BJ | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/25/2011
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

It has helped my overall cholesterol but burning side effect can be very bad at times. I still continue to take because it does help.

Jane | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/17/2011
Condition: Low HDL Cholesterol

I have taken this drug for 3 months and have started having hives.They are very painful and bothersome. I am going to discontinue the drug until I call my Dr. I am on 2000 mg.