This medication does work, but for the first month or so you have dark brown soptting between periods. Sometimes you get vaginal discomfort and nasusa and/or headache once in a while when using this medication. I think this form for birth control is good and very easy to take. The pills are pink the first 21 pills. The 7 other pills are white and contain estorgen hormones when you are not on your ...

I just started on this pill last Thursday and it's Monday. My doctor switched me because Loestrin24 was too low hormone for me and I was having 2 periods a month for the first time in my life. I used to be on .25 mcg of estrogen before Loestrin and that seemed to work well. I'm now on Balziva and it's .35 mcg of estrogen, which I hope is not too high for me. I will see. The reason I'm posting is...

Kate | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/30/2018

I took this to help with my PMS and with my acne. Also, for birth control. Side note: I already have anxiety, depression, and PTSD with dissociative symptoms. I took this pill for a total of about 7 months. At first, it seemed to help stabilize my mood and reduced the severity of my period cramps. Over time, my mood got worse and my spotting evolved into a second monthly period. In the end: my chin had non-stop cystic acne, I had two periods a month like clockwork, and my mood was so bad that I had to routinely scream into a pillow daily just so I didn�t direct my anger towards my child and boyfriend. I was sobbing uncontrollably at random times and felt suicidal more than I�d like to admit. It also heavily decreased my libido and my overall enjoyment of life. I also took a Benadryl once for allergies while on this pill and I had a psychotic break that lasted approximately 24 hours. This drug isn�t evaluated for having an interaction with Benadryl, but my doctor suspects the Benadryl set me off in combination with balziva. Since stopping balziva, I feel like myself. My acne is so much better, my personality is back, and I finally feel happy again. I know this works for some people, but IF YOU HAVE MENTAL ILLNESS, TELL YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING BALZIVA. If I continued on that pill, I�m confident I would have isolated myself to the point of suicide.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2017
Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/4/2016

I've been on Balziva for about 6 years! I don't experience really any cramps at all, no acne, no weight gain, my mood swings are light and so are my periods. My periods last about 2-3 days really, sometimes I don't even have them which is concerning. I guess that would be my only complaint actually..sounds crazy but I kind of miss having a normal period! I've talked to my doctor and she said it was completely normal. Sounds like a lot of people have had problems with this drug, and I get that it's not right for some people but maybe give it some time too.

Miami2 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/10/2016
Condition: Disease of Ovaries with Cysts

I was started on this medication for cyst and heavy periods. My menstruals were perfectly regulated. Now I continually have episodes of bleeding that last from days to weeks. I have no idea what to expect. I hate it.

Lindseym07 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/26/2016