Oh my Gosh, do not use this product! Both my husband a nd i had the most horrible 3 days after taking only two of these with the correct amount of water. It was as if there was a soccer ball stuck in our intestine and no form of nature was going to dislodge it, short of an explosion. Never again.

marksharky | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/14/2021
Condition: Irritable Colon

So I went for a Colonoscopy and I have an irritable colon my doctor recommended Fibercon and it has been working pretty good for me. No more severe belly aches or bloody bowel episodes due to hard poop and hemorrhoids. Only thing is my movements start off firm but then always turn to very looses and have to go two times within 15 minutes but then I am done for the day. Also my first and only cup of coffee during the AM stimulates me very well. So yes it works for me I take 2 a day in the morning with plenty of water. I also drink at least a gallon of water a day as I work in a kitchen.

dantmann | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/23/2016
Condition: Irritable Colon

Konsyl works best for me. Even though it bloats me and gives me gas it is the best ive found

Tgr74 | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/29/2016
Condition: Irritable Colon

I recommend this recently based on an experience I had with it when I was either a teen or preteen. Now I'm 41 and I still remember it because it helped so tremendously. For years whenever I'd eat I'd have stomach pain afterward ranging from mild to severe. It was awful to say the least. My doc felt maybe I had mild h. Pylori in my gut and told me to take fiber con. I think I took it for too long, maybe a month? But it literally cured me. When I was about 18/19 I started to have similar stomach pains and I took fiber con probably for less than a week and once again they subsided. It remains the only medical advice I've received in my whole life that really and truly cured me of a problem. I'll never know exactly why it worked so well for me and I don't really care. I wanted to take the time to write this review for anyone else suffering the way I did in the hopes that it may work for them, too.

catheadams | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/16/2013

I think it is pulling all of the fluid from my body. I have muscle cramps all over and am having difficulty walking. I had to stop taking it.

GarryInNola | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/18/2013
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

I don't understand the negative comments of other users of this product. First off you have to allow a 2 hour window on both sides of taking it where you took no other medications. It can affect absorption of other drugs. This product plus Miralax are the only laxatives that are safe to take daily. You have to take this product with a full 8 oz glass of water and drink it down all at one, don't swallow the pills and sip the rest of the water later. No, drink the entire 8 oz glass. Also if 2 per day doesn't work, try 4 and if that doesn't work, try 6 and if that doesn't work, try 8. You can take 2 up to 4 times per day. I have had chronic constipation since I was an infant and this product plus Miralax are the only products that have helped me. It is not necessary to take it at bedtime. The bedtime deal is when you take stimulant laxatives that work overnight. This product does not work overnight. You can take it during the day and, yes, it can take a few days to work. And while we're on the subject of bowel movements, don't let anyone tell you that's it's normal to NOT have a daily bowel movement. It's not. In addition, it's bad for your health. The longer the stools stay in your colon, the more toxic they become. You need a daily bowel movement for optimal health. And as far as the person who goes an entire week without a bowel movement, that person needs to see a gastroenterolgist pronto. There is something very wrong there.