I am severely allergic to latex and have been known to go into shock,the epinephrine injection has saved my life many times.

Peg | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2013
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

I was given epinephrine with novacain for dentistry. Very soon I felt flushed, nauseated and short of breath. I was given oxygen and cold presses on my forehead. The dr. said I was dehydrated from traveling the day before and hadn't eaten enough before the appointment. I actually thought I was dying but was told I was having a panic attack. After about an hour I felt better and was taken home by the assistant as they didn't want me to drive.

Carnation | 65-74 | Female | Patient
3/13/2012
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

Wow, it caused my heart to race and really scared me. It took some time for me to calm down. My Dentist said I should eat more when coming for an appointment that will require anesthesia. That would help the effect of the medication. I was not told this at my consultation appt.

LMR | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/2/2012
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

Seizure and severe tremors from head to toe. Used for dental work

Anonymous | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/15/2010
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

Had this given with novacain at dentist. First time I felt like my heart was racing I was sweating and anxity. 2nd time given to me 3 weeks later for more dental work and I felt like i was going to pass out. Was nervous driving home felt a bit loopy.

connie123 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2010
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

I was given this as part of anesthesia from my dentist. I've always had novacaine and never this needless to say it gave me a heartattack.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/31/2009
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

Dentist used an injected local anesthetic for routine dental work. The epinephrine in the anesthetic caused an electric shock and pain to shoot down my left arm, and caused my lips to numb. Unknown to dentist or myself, my heart had CAD (coronary artery disease) and small vessel disease which is why the shot caused the bad reaction. Three days later, I had heart attack symptoms which led to my diagnosis and open heart surgery. The routine dental anesthetic injection may have jump started my heart symptoms and oddly enough may have saved me from a fatal heart attack as my heart was in really bad shape. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2009
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

I had a full blown panic attack after being administered this drug in a dentist office. Pulse rate increased 50 points & stayed high for 4 hours.

fred | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/1/2009
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
7/5/2009

I was given this drug while having a severe COPD attack.It caused me to have a heart attack.I had to be life flighted to a larder hospital. There I had a heart cath.which showed no blockage and a once very healthy heart. I now have over $15,000 worth of medical bills to pay! Almost $4000. of that is to the hospital that gave me the Epi!!!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
5/4/2009

I had a very bad experience with this midication, I almost died and now after 3 yers I got heart problem and my life is gone. I dont like this drug at all I was healty in my life but after injection of this medicen I have heart problem.

Anonymous |
6/24/2008
Condition: Reaction due to an Allergy

I had a severe allergic reaction to cleaning fish (I knew I couldn't eat them, but thought I was safe). Hives appeared on one arm, then my throat suddenly swelled completely shut. Couldn't breathe at all. My gf injected an epi-pen into my thigh. Within 30 seconds, I could breathe fine. Although my heart was racing, I was very jittery for a day, and I couldn't sleep. VERY effective product...

rogergabi | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/12/2008
Condition: Additional Medication to Treat Hives

I suffered with a skin problem for over 5 years many Doctors said I had Eczema. Last Tuesday I was given a shot for Hives, what a difference in one week. Praise the Lord for Dr. Shen. Thank you.