I have been battling with my Ulcerative Colitis for 4 years now. I started with 6 pills of Asacol. I could not stand taking that many pills in one day. Then I went to Canasa suppositories that was not enough. It was not reaching high enough in my colon to treat the Colitis. Now I have been on Lialda, 4 pills a day, for 1 year. Went off of it and just did the Canasa for 2 years and then went...

This is my first day on this medication. My doctor gave me some samples to try and when I opened the first blister, I smelled a foul odor. I was just wondering if this was normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Cryscross0905 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/28/2019

I am currently 29 years old and one month before my 29th bday this year I was diagnosed with Crohns/Colitis disease, I was on apriso and that was a miracle worker for sure this current week the drs placed me on Lialda and honestly in my case seems to not be working because I have been in a flare since the second day of taking it. May work for some and just not for others have a feeling I’m that odd ball that it just does not work for.

Lfitzma | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/2/2019
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

It has helped with my symptoms just but I have been experiencing joint pain starting in my knees and ankles which was difficult as I am a hiker. That pain went away after a month but I am now experienced wrist and had joint pain.

KatieBug313 | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/28/2019
Condition: Crohn's Disease

This medication made my life livable again. It even helped my bleeding ulcer to not act up and cause me to require blood transfusions. Unfortunately for me when you don't have 500.00 every 12o days and you aren't eligible for Medicaid, you revert right back into remission and the pain is excruciating. I wish there was an affordable Lialda!

Vanessa | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/9/2017
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

Lilada is wonderful at relieving symptoms! Only downfall after taking for 2 months was hair loss. I had to stop taking unfortunatly.

Hers12 | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/14/2016
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

I was on it in 2011 and took it until 2013. I never had any issues during that time while taking it. I had my routine colonoscopy in Feb 2015 and all was good. Back in March 2016, I had my second flare-up. I told my doctor I know I'm having a flare-up, but he gave me a lot of tests to do of course. Finally, in October 2016, he sees that I am having a flare-up (I had an sigmonscopy...spelling?). I was placed on 4 pills a day of lialda and I was back to normal within a week! It was great. A month later, I'm on my maintenance dose of 3 pills a day. Still having no issues! It works for me. I probably should've stayed on it and I might have never had that second flare-up...