I felt the need to review after reading all of the negative reviews on here. I've been using Zenchent for many years (Ovcon 35 before that), and have had no problems. Average period of 4-5 days, little to no cramps, and no weight gain. I'm not sure why other people are having such issues, but it's been working great for me!

First of all, I am a very active person who enjoys exercise and having a healthy lifestyle. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with eating healthy, but I do try to apply the 80-20% rule to my life (eating very well 80% of the time and splurging on little indulgences 20%). However, since I started taking this horrible birth control I noticed my mood changes and swelling on my hands and ankles. I drink a l...

Kaymee | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/17/2017

After I removed my Mirena IUD, I used the ring for about two months but had weird discharge and irregular periods. This was strange because it was my second time on the ring and I had no issues before. Anyway, I then switched to the pill, ended up with the brand Zenchent since my pharmacy didn't carry the brand my Dr. recommended. I wasn't in love with having to take a pill daily, but I made it work. I became nervous about the possible side effects (my good friend actually had a stroke at 32 from taking birth control - yikes!) so I decided to stop taking Zenchent at the end of the pack. Since then I have been experiencing many of the side effects other women here have mentioned: frequent headaches, low sex drive, lethargy....I'm not a fan.

Stefani | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/11/2017

I was on Zenchent for about a year, then switched to Wymza Fe bc Zenchent was out of stock one day and they told me Wymza was the same thing, but Wymza gave me constant headaches so I had to switch. I took a four month break from the pill then went back to Zenchent, and I've been fine ever since. I very rarely get pimples now that I'm back on it, I rarely get headaches, I've had super light periods, and (unfortunately) a significantly decreased sex drive. I think it may have also caused some minor weight gain but it's probably due to my lazy and unhealthy lifestyle rather than the pill! Overall, I love this birth control.

Chloe | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/14/2016
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I have taken Zenchent for 7 or so months. This is my first birth contol experience. For the forst few months my Period was a few days shorter and a little lighter, and i got a little bit of acne around my chin. I didn't have any side effects but nothing really positive either. But no babies!! Switching to ortho-cept next month because this pill is slowly becoming less effective for my cramps. It seems like every month they get a little worse.

BNH | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/12/2015

I have endometriosis and have to use birth control to regulate my hormones otherwise I will have serious growth of the endo. My doctor instructed me to skip periods so I have it 3 times a year. I too have headaches here and there since starting this medication 4 months ago. I was on trinessa but I was having issues with spotting for 2 months straight. This medication has given me extreme mood swings, it's like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Extreme ends of the spectrum, feeling happy one minute and loving life and the next I'm feeling alone and depressed. I'm switching as soon as possible

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/19/2015

I just finished my first cycle of Zenchent FE and I've had a great experience! I was very nervous about using this medication because I have never taken BC before. However, I only had side effects for the first 5 of 6 days. Those side effects were minor cramps and nausea in the early morning. After that, I've had no issues at all! I also have a higher sex drive and increased appetite which are positives for me! I love it and I'm glad I've had such a great BC experience on my first try!