I've been on VyVanse (60mg) for 5 months now. I have been able to compare the medication in 2 different scenarios during this time. For 4 of the months, I was working 40 hours a week landscaping. Prior to the meds, I had constant racing thoughts and never seemed to be able to focus on something long enough to finish it. The meds stopped the racing thoughts and seemed to "zone me in" on the tas...

newly prescribed

Sawyer | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/5/2020
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I started on 20 mg now I’m on 30 it’s a small dose but I still feel very strange on this almost as if it’s slowly killing me, my liver hurts after taking it and I sometimes think about strange things

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/10/2016
Condition: Recurring Sleep Episodes During the Day

Able to stay awake during the day and sleep at night. A little "wired" the first 30-45 mins after taking the drug.

timbospice | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/3/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Best medication i've been on! Comes on very smooth and do not get anxious or jittery like i did with Methylphenidate. Lasts long and helps me function the best i have my whole life.

blake | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/17/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

have been taking for about year now and am very glad that i switched from focalin

Bobby C | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/9/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I switched from Adderall to Vyvanse 2 months ago. I took 20mg 2xday Adderall for 11 years. I was unable to get much more than 6 hours of efficacy from the 40mg total. I now take 60 mg Vyvanse 1 per day in the AM. I love the 1x dosing. Vyvanse gives me a good 12 hours of ADHD symptom relief. Vyvanse does not work as well as Adderall but well enough to keep me happy. The trade off of a little less effectiveness for 2 times longer relief is well worth it ... for me. Some people love Adderall, others hate it. Same for Vyvanse. I tried Strattera for a month. It raised my BP, nothing more. I hated Strattera. Yet I know a few people who swear by it. Moral to my story: The only way you can determine with certainty how you'll react to a particular medication is to try it under your doctor's direction.