While I am still on the treatment, my last CT scan showed that the lung lesions were shrinking. However, I have had more nodules forming on my skin on my breast. I haven't had any severe side effects from the medication. Just some fatigue, hand/foot tingling, and some digestive symptoms which might be due the Xeloda (I don't know for sure). The doctor has just started me on Femara. I had my ovarie...

I took this during a clinical trial comparing Tykerb to Herceptin. I was supposed to take this for a year, but after two weeks I had to stop. I was exhausted to the point I could not get out of bed. My diaherra was so severe that I could not eat at all (not even crackers or popscicles). Finally, after losing 13 pounds in two weeks and becoming so dehydrated that they had to give me two bags of flu...

Stephen | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/27/2017

Been on it for 9 weeks along with taxol have pet scan tomorrow

Katie | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/13/2016
Condition: Hormone Receptor Positive, HER2 Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer

Already on Herceptin , Xeloda , & Letrozole , the Tykerb caused dizziness , increased fatigue , increased 'chemo brain ' , anxiety , and emotional /chemical depression .I took it for only 1 week , and could feel the hair follicle burn that preceded my hair loss from my first chemo infusion , a Taxane . Tried to go on again , same effects, including diarrhea —— anyone else experienced these effects ?

carefree | 55-64 | Female | Patient
4/29/2015
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

For me this drug has been a life saver. I refused further IV chemo after my first 6 months, due to the inability to remember those 6 months. I also stopped Herceptin due to heart damage. My cancer returned quickly but Tykerb has slowed the growth of those cancer cells that found a home in my rib. I have been on Tykerb for 15 months and pray it works forever. The diarrhea is tough to control and what works for awhile, stops, and we try a new approach. 2014 was my best year ever. My bucket lists is shorter and I got to spend quality time with those I love. Quality of life is so important to me, and I have been able to do the things I love because of this medication. My terrible pain in the rib stopped within 2 weeks of starting Tykerb and has not returned!

Lillie | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
1/7/2015
Condition: HER2 Positive Breast Cancer

I currently care for a 84 yr old female thats been on this drug for about 6 months it's seem's to have helped slow it down. But at the same time other thing are ac-coring like blood cloth'shortness of breath which we thought at the time was pneumonia and turned out from Chest Xray, CT Scan it wasn't that, so just getting to the point pay were close attention to all side effects of this drug the.1. Main Ones, 2.The Rare Ones 3. Infrequent Side Effects. Family members should be aware of all side effect so we can ask the right question plus notice any changes In the body since this involves the entire family and some family member may see things that other may not.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/10/2013
Condition: HER2 Positive Breast Cancer

After my Herceptin treatments started showing less effectiveness, my Dr. Prescribed Tykerb along with Herceptin. I take 4 pills daily and have been for 3 months. Side effects for me a tolerable...some diarreha but Imodium works to stop it. Also take Phillips Colon Health Probiotic. That is what helped me the most with Diarreha while going through chemo. Dr is monitoring me every 3 weeks. So far...so good.