My only issue with this drug is that I'm addicted to it. I've been taking it regularly for 5 years and I am unsure how to get off of it. It works so well, however. I sleep all night every night and wake up feeling refreshed each day.

Anonymous |
11/7/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Hi I have been taking it for the past four years or five every day I take to the liquid gel liquid gel my doctor told me that I have to stop taking it because it’s damaging my kidney so he found something that was not good and my kidneys and it just the Advil p.m. that I take but it’s hard to stop and I don’t know what else can I take to sleep because that is the only thing that I can use to sleep I had tried others and it does not work with me so I just don’t know what to do just continue taking it and then die I guess OKRead More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/12/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Advil PM definitely helps me get a good night’s sleep. It works most of the time, as indicated by my Fitbit sleep scores. Without it, sleep is poor. With it it’s almost always good. I have been taking 1/2 of the blue caplet. There is no hangover effect for me. But, those blue caplets are hard to swallow. I’m going to try the liquid capsule, and take only 1 at bedtime. I’m very pleased with how it works.

CeeGee | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/3/2018
Condition: Pain

I have a bad back and tried this drug to relieve pain and help me sleep. It worked TOO well! I slept for 12 hours! I missed my alarm, my phone, and an important meeting. I took two capsules, as directed. Next time I will just try one.

Paulsgal916 | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/22/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have taken Advil for the past few years on and off. It does not help me sleep, but will lessen any pain I may be in. I have had some pretty bad dreams or nightmares. The one I had this past Thursday I wouldn't say so much either, but more as though I was hallucinating. I was in the middle of what I believed was waking up (I could have already been awake) to seeing a clown (very scary one at that) standing between my husband and his nightstand. I screamed and thought it was in the nightmare.

Ace | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/14/2017
Condition: Pain

I am on a couple of cholesterol medications and I have terrible muscle cramps (back, legs, etc.). I take one Advil PM before going to bed nightly and I now feel terrific. I started this approximately 10 days ago and I feel like a new person. I highly recommend Advil PM.

mommie4444 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have fibro can't sleep always sore Advil PM really helps me sleep my doctor tells me to take Tylonol3 and sleeping pills no thank you rather take this less side effects

Arlene | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2016
Condition: Pain

I have trouble sleeping with arthritic pain. I took 2 advil night time and it did not help me sleep, nor did it easy any pain! I had to wait 10 minutes for a pharmacist to add this to my file as you can not just buy it off of the shelf. Waste of both my money and time!!!

kayla | 19-24 | Female | Patient
6/27/2015
Condition: Pain

Can't wake up. Took the Advil blue pill last night around 9pm and passed out by 10, its now 3pm and I keep falling asleep I've never been this tired in my life, making work nearly impossible. And it didn't help with my head ACH.

Retired Insomnia Sufferer | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/6/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I tried taking one pill a few weeks ago and it didn't work. Last night I went to bed at 1AM. At 2AM I got up and took 2 blue Advil PM caplets with a glass of water. I slept soundly until 10AM. Woke up a little subdued with a small amount of dry mouth, but way better than trying to function with 2 hours of sleep as is often the case when I can't sleep. Don't know if long term use will be good, but am willing to try it again when I don't get to sleep after an hour or so.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
1/19/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I take one per night and it works great. Not drowsy in the morning and I stay asleep all night. No getting up at all and I am 62 yr old male.

Tom | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/15/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I take Advil pm almost every night, but usually only 1/2 a tablet. So far I am pleased with the results.

bennettsmom | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
12/5/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I cannot believe how well these work. It takes a couple hours to kick in and I do wake up several times a night but..with advil pm i fall back asleep which is my main problem. I don't like to them every night so I take two for a couple nights and then take a night off, then one tablet for a couple nights.

??/ | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/20/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

great for getting to sleep and for pain involved with neck sprain

ann onymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2014

I have been taking half of one tablet very occasionally, and it works fine for me. However, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping in the past few weeks and started taking a full tablet nightly. Now I'm finding I have extremely blurry vision, and I think it's a result of the medication. I didn't take it for about a week, and my vision got much better. Took one last night, and I can hardly see to write this.

Grayson II | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/17/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Helps me sleep- I started with two pills but a month later, I need 6 to get the results I used to get when I used to take 2. Quite addictive because without the drug, I can't sleep. I know it's dangerous- waiting to find a medicine because soon enough, I'll start to have stomach bleeding.

kibbutznik1 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/27/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I've had no side effects; occasionally, I feel groggy in the morning, but this occurs when I don't sleep enough. I sometimes wake at night but have had no problems falling asleep again.

mybodymyself | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/5/2014

Basically, I feel that this treatment is beyond the best for me over the time.

ALB | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/29/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Been afraid to take any pill EVERY night but the times I use AdvilPM it works very well. Hoping there are no side effects in the future.

Katrita Le | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/9/2013
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I drank this medicine when I had pain and I always have trouble sleeping. The question I would like to ask is if it is ok to drink this medicine with nortriptyline 10mg together. I had a lot of pain and it didn't seem like Advil PM was working so after a couple of hours I drank the other medicine. The only side affect I got was a sore throat and headaches that are worse. I am a 14 year old girl so, I could use some help.

[email protected] | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/8/2013