I have been unable to take any of the osteoporosus drugs for the past several years. Reclast is working for me both as an easier application, once a year, and better health. One thing I have noticed is that my fingernails no longer break and are becoming hard. The same with my toenails. I took Reclast 2 months ago and so far so good. My veins are very tiny and hard to find so I take the IV in...

haven,t tried it yet

Karen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Osteoporosis caused by Anti-Androgen Drugs

This has been bad experience for me. 101.7 Temperature for 48 hours, literally soaking my bed when the fever would break, incontinent of urine, leg pain so bad I needed assistance walking. After 48 hours, leg pain became worse, was using a rollator to walk and my rheumatologist wanted me to go to the emergency room for evaluation on day 6. By day 7 the pain went from my leg to my back ribs. I’m on day 8 and still having a lot of back pain.

Picnchic | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2021
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I am on day 8 following my infusion, so cannot rate the effectiveness until I get a follow-up DEXA scan. The evening of my infusion day, I developed rigors (intense body shakes, chills). My heart rate climbed to 101 and remained close to that all night. No sleep. Had an intense headache, vomiting. The next two mornings, I needed assistance to stand up and walk, due to horrible leg pain. This pain continues in limbs and spine. Too zoned out to drive. Pretty shut down.

AnneV | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/16/2021
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I just had my first IV infusion. Will get another in one year. I don’t know yet if it is working, but I wanted to tell my experience. I did not drink gallons of water beforehand. I did not have any bad side effects. I’m trying to drink more water now but it is an effort as I rarely feel thirsty. The infusion was easy to take. The worst part is the IV being placed. No fever, no pain afterwards.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/9/2021
Condition: Osteoporosis

The day I had my 1st infusion , a half hour after headache and body aches . Took some Acetaminophen and had to keep taking through that day and evening. the second day was the worst I had all of those symptom's plus got the chills ,slept all day and had a fever. Also stomach hurts . Day 3 still have aches , mild headache and still tired . I can't rate its effectiveness just had it 3 days ago.

Cathy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/2/2021
Condition: Osteoporosis

I don't know about effectiveness, but this has been a very difficult drug for me to take. I usually do not have problems with med side effects but I won't take this medication again. I had my infusion 2 and a half weeks ago. I'm still tired, headachey and nauseated. I have no idea how long this will last, I hope I recover my former active, healthy life. Proceed with caution.