I have been unable to take any of the osteoporosus drugs for the past several years. Reclast is working for me both as an easier application, once a year, and better health. One thing I have noticed is that my fingernails no longer break and are becoming hard. The same with my toenails. I took Reclast 2 months ago and so far so good. My veins are very tiny and hard to find so I take the IV in...

haven,t tried it yet

Molly | 65-74 | Female | Patient
6/10/2021
Condition: Osteoporosis

Do not take this drug until they develop a test to determine if you will have the bad side effects. After injection woke up in early morning hours vomiting and heaving hard enough to tear stitches in my esophagus from and exploratory procedure done two years ago. Thought I was dying. Next five days fever of over 102 every bone especially the joints extremely painful could not make it to the bathroom by myself pain was excruciating, trouble breathing when standing. I could not leave my home for six weeks because of every side effect listed showing its ugly head. I thought I was dying. At the three month mark I could finally start exercising again and my energy is pretty much back to normal. Went to the dentist today and now have a huge dental problem that will cost me $10,000 to fix...thanks to Reclast. Before consenting to take this drug make sure you get a second and even a third opinion. Don’t rely on your primary cares knowledge.

Susan Schneider | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/6/2021
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

11/6/21 After a couple years of my endocrinologist trying to talk me into taking this medicine, this after years of Fosamax and a couple years of Forteo, I balked at the idea, having read multiple reviews that horrified me about the side effects and how long they can last. I finally decided to try it and had absolutely no side effects. I see there are more and better good reviews of the infusion now. It was a piece of cake for me. Only eight months in but hoping this helps.

Blessed | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/25/2021
Condition: Increased Calcium in the Blood from Cancer

I was unable to tolerate an oral dose of reclast following treatment for breast cancer and the addition of letrozole orally for 5 years. The letrozole causes increased levels of calcium in my blood. The IV dose is much easier for my gastrointestinal system to tolerate. After adequately hydrating myself the infusion was easily tolerated. The side effects following the transfusion included some dizziness, weakness and tiredness. However, all of my blood work indicates that my calcium levels are remaining within the normal range. In August I will have a bone density to check status of osteoporosis. The doctor has me on calcium and vitamin D supplements.

Karen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Osteoporosis caused by Anti-Androgen Drugs

This has been bad experience for me. 101.7 Temperature for 48 hours, literally soaking my bed when the fever would break, incontinent of urine, leg pain so bad I needed assistance walking. After 48 hours, leg pain became worse, was using a rollator to walk and my rheumatologist wanted me to go to the emergency room for evaluation on day 6. By day 7 the pain went from my leg to my back ribs. I’m on day 8 and still having a lot of back pain.

Picnchic | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2021
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I am on day 8 following my infusion, so cannot rate the effectiveness until I get a follow-up DEXA scan. The evening of my infusion day, I developed rigors (intense body shakes, chills). My heart rate climbed to 101 and remained close to that all night. No sleep. Had an intense headache, vomiting. The next two mornings, I needed assistance to stand up and walk, due to horrible leg pain. This pain continues in limbs and spine. Too zoned out to drive. Pretty shut down.