Vyvanse is a new drug on the market the is very similair to Adderall XR. Like any ADHD medication, this drug does raise one's heart rate and will have an affect on one's stomach. Something that I do is open up the capsule and pour the contents into apple sauce. The mixture of the food and the medication makes it a lot easier on the stomach. The common misconception is that you need the capsule, bu...

Vyvanse is a bad drug. I was diagnosed with ADD and have been treating it with Adderall for the past 4 years, and all the sudden my Psychiatrist springs it on me to try Vyvanse, only giving me shallow reasons such as its 'so-called' inability to cause dependence and abuse. I got a 30-day trial for free. Never in my life have I experienced the psychosis caused by Vyvanse-- it literally caused me...

Angie.P | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/26/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

The first few months I took Vyvanse it worked great. I noticed the 4 month that the med seemed not to work as well. I actually thought my dr gave me a placebo.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/17/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I had a doctor tell me the only difference between vyvanse and meth is that vyvanse won’t rot your teeth.

Kyle | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
11/4/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I am a 17 year old male. Worked well for about 2 weeks. Now i have started getting extremely anxious, second guessing everything. feel very withdrawn and emotionless. Racing thoughts and insomnia. feel like my mind is all over the place. Cannot socialise and am extremely irritable. Wouldn’t recommend.

adhdadult | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/24/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I took this for a few months for ADHD, it helped me concentrate, but it caused SEVERE depression with suicidal ideation and anxiety. It was scary, I thought I was going to lose my life. I stopped when I realized it was the Vyvanse, and the suicidal ideation ceased... but the depression took several months to come out of.

MommaBear | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/20/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My daughter’s doctor recommended Vyvanse initially, but when I told him about her past history of medication abuse he quickly suggested she try Azstarys instead. She has been doing great on Azstarys so far.

BlevinsMomma | 7-12 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/19/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I am a mom of an 8-year-old, who has ADHD. We just finally bit the bullet and talked to our pediatrician about medication for our child. We did this as a last resort because it will take almost a year to get him into see a pediatric psychiatrist. I didn't want my child to be a guinea-pig, I wanted direct psychiatric recommendations for his condition. Over the last year he has had behavioral problems at school. He is not an angry, aggressive child, but he is very talkative, easily distracted, cannot focus (he also has Dyslexia). Our Pedi recommended Vyvanse! I did research on several medications before we even went to his appointment, so I was familiar with V. I didn't want to send my child to school the next day and not know how this medication affected him, so I gave him his first dose (30mg) which I think is high for a first timer; at about 4pm.BIG MISTAKE This is an absolute first for us, so here is what happened. Extreme talkativeness (almost like he was on meth/crack) all night long! Anxiety, he kept talking about needing to get to school to do all his work and show his teachers that he can do things, and that he wants to just read and read and write. This is coming from a child that cannot read, spell or write because of his dyslexia. Seems helpful, but the anxiety he felt wasn't appealing. He had insomnia (he didn't sleep the entire night) he finally crashed about 6:30 in the morning. He was like "sped up" all night. So I made the mistake of giving it at that time, but I am glad we got to see how it affected him. He did say his stomach felt "fluttery" not painful just "weird. I knew any medications were going to be alarming, so I plan to continue for a few days and see how he does (I am so scared to send him to school) because of the "talkativeness" he literally cannot stop! I scored everything as low for now because we don't have any real long-term knowledge just yet. So far, I am worried, but we just have to see how it plays out. Read More Read Less

Rose | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/21/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Starting out on 30mg, I initially had immediate euphoria … sobbing not out of despair but out of overwhelming feelings of love and happiness , repeatedly , for several days. Gushing to family and friends about my changed life . At the same time Prompting my boyfriend to be extremely concerned that I was so “sped up” acting and speaking like I’d had 500 cups of coffee. Sadly this positive feeling quickly faded. Within a week, I began more and more raging in hysterical outbursts of severe impatience , even worse than before starting it. Sleep was also bizzare … no matter what time I took it, I would awake on the dot at same exact hour every morning , even if I’d only been in bed a few hours, and I’d feel revved up though still exhausted. Took a break , tried again wirh a half dose , seemed ok but then was just more low grade angry all the time. Everyone kept saying “why are you so angry all that time!” after only a week. Took a break, then tried full dose again, and had same results as first time - euphoric feelings of love and joy for everyone and life , followed quickly and permanently by horrific anger snd irritability and sleep problems. Ultimately it wreaked such devastation to my relationships I was way too scared to take it any more . For background fyi, A few months ago, upon investing in brain scans and an intensive discovery process with the Amen Clinics, after years of unsuccessful treatment for supposed Bipolar, I was finally properly diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, PTSD, and Borderline Personality. Lovely combo, right?! My primary symptoms interfering with my daily life were mostly relative to ADHD (severe procrastination, inability to stop all my projects and go to bed/ hence severe chronic sleep deprivation , severe irritability/ emotional breakdowns due to inability to finish anything in a timely manner / constant severe lateness / getting grossly into debt through immense struggle with prioritizing, trouble holding down a job etc … Very sad stimulant didn’t work for me. Doc wants me to try lamictal now but I’m too scared after all the horrid effects I had in prior years from every other SSRI/ mood stabilizer / atypical antipsychotic / anti seizure meds etc . Trying the natural supplements from the Amen clinic for now . Highly recommend their SPECT brain scans… truly miraculously eye opening !!!Read More Read Less

Ronda K | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/3/2022

I was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder without hyperactivity. I'm also diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I'm also on Wellbutrin, Rexulti, and Prozac. When this medication was added to my regimen it caused breakthrough depression in a lack of motivation. Also when my grandson was given this medication, he became very moody and depressed. Although it did address the ADD symptoms, the changes in moods made it not worth taking. I don't recommend this medication.

Anonymous | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
8/22/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Game changer for our son. He is 8 and has been on it for 2 years and it works great!! It give him that bit of calmness he needs

KJ | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/11/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My doctor briefly switched me from Adderall to Vyvanse, and I had miserable experience with it. I’ve never in my life been so nasty and irritable as this medication made me. My skin would crawl at the sound of someone else speaking and my mood would instantly change. As if that wasn’t bad enough, my body would break out in a rash shortly after it entered my system.

KMRosales | 7-12 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/10/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My son who is 12 started on the lowest dose of 10mg, he was acting ok but told the doctor at the 2 week checkup he still couldn't focus so they increased to 20mg. After a couple of days he became very defiant, but then aggressive. He told us for the first time in 12 years he hated us, hated the house he lived in and was looking for a foster home. We couldn't even look at him at times. We ended up in the children's hospital for suicidal ideation but were able to get out with a safety plan. The ER doctor and the Pediatrician both said they had not seen anything like this with Vyvanse. I took him off the next dat and after 5 days of being off of it he was back to our normal kid. Read More Read Less

Magpie126 | Female | Patient
5/6/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I have ADHD as well as BED so my doctor put me on this more for the BED but anyway…I am recovery from alcohol and she didn’t want a drug that could be abused and this is the one she went with. I take in in the morning when I wake up and it kicks in maybe 30 minutes later, I do have a small “high” but it’s more me just being extra chatty. This also gives me what my daughter calls “the vyvanse sweats” and for me and my daughter it seems not to work after 4 hours at the most. It also gives me moderate anxiety if I’m not actively doing something physical which is making me wonder if I should stop taking it. I also am bipolar and I worry about going manic on this, I just had an episode and I don’t know if it’s just that time of year for me or is it the vyvanse? Unlike my daughter I don’t take it everyday right now as I’m not working, I just can’t justify taking a pill that is so expensive so I can wash an extra load of laundry and fold it. This med is CRAZY expensive! Even with my insurance it cost $450 out of pocket, luckily we have a FSA and by March my pharmacy deductible has been met between the vyvanse and the Amovig. So yeah, it works but for me not that long. Since my pharmacy deductible has been met I just keeping refills just in case we lose our insurance. Read More Read Less

j | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/30/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

i was what you call a slam dunk for adhd. this drug over the span of 5 years ruined my life. idn this is not the way...

Amethyst | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/30/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I started this medication 3 months ago. It works very well and helps me to concentrate and function, but I developed some unpleasant side effects because of it. I now have Raynauds, and I experience joint pain and pins and needles in my skin since going to 40mg. I will be talking to my doctor about switching, but other than the side effects, it’s worth it to try! My 10 year old is also on it and has had no side effects. It helps him so much!

TB99 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/28/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Vyvanse was not the drug for me. For the first 2 weeks was great, but my appetite totally went away and I couldn’t get enough macros to support my workouts. I switched to Azstarys and I get basically the same control, but can actually get enough protein in.

2hr in bed bro. | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/27/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I been taking vyvanse for a good 3 weeks and I’ve notice how much better I’ve been doing with focusing. But, unlike any other adhd medicine I’ve tried the side of this is the worst. I’ve felt dizzy, I went from lasting 30 minutes in bed to 1 and a half hours which is fairly abnormal. I’ve felt queasy and aching like I have arthritis. It’s a good focus medication but I don’t want it ruining my relationships or desire for sexual activities or aching. It’s not worth it.

Jo | 13-18 | Other | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
4/18/2022
Condition: Binge Eating Disorder

My 13 year old daughter was prescribed this, she had her first dose yesterday morning and has had dizziness, headache, pain in her legs making her feel unable to move and has not slept all night she still feels wide awake now but her eyes hurt because her body is actually so tired. Do not make the mistake I made and give these meds to your children. I feel awful putting her through this.

Francesca | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/16/2022
Condition: Binge Eating Disorder

I loved Vyvanse the 2-3 week period I was able to take it. The problem is that it cause me to get Raynaud's disease and lumps that will not go away. The lumps started on the tops of my toes and they slightly began to ulcerate and spread to other parts of my body like hands and joint areas; so I stopped taking the Vyvanse. Unfortunately it has caused permanent damage. I still have the lumps, Raynaud's and swelling that has made my feet and hands hurt like arthritis. It is not arthritis but inflammation in my tendons and muscles that apparently is associated to the lumps caused by the Vyvanse. It really sucks because the Vyvanse was working for my binge eating disorder before the side effects. I wish I never took it now. It's ben over a year and side effects have not went away. Read More Read Less

Rose | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/27/2022

This medication worked great for the first 3-4 weeks. My doctor put me on Vyvanse for CFS, it really helped. I had energy again and I even lost a few pounds. Then the terrible things started, at the time I didn’t know it was the medication. I went through a year of pure misery! Irritable, depressed, crying, changes in my relationships, decision making…you name it. I had no idea until my doctor put my granddaughter on it for ADHD and before you know it she started experiencing the same symptoms. Everyone in our family suggested we both stop and we did! We are both happy and healthy on different medications now. Be careful of this I noticed many others experiencing the same thing. Read More Read Less

Jess | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/24/2022
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I am soooo happy with Vyvanse. It has been 3 days now and I see a difference. I am completing tasks...meaning multiple tasks around the house (with 2 kids under 2yrs old) and at work (350 Pap smears and Biopies). I am not falling asleep at work either, nor do I drink coffee. The only thing is I am NOT locked in, laser-focus but I am still productive and my personality is still Jessica lol. I think the next medication refill; I am able to manage a higher dosage 50mg or more because I am not sensitive. My only side effect is dry mouth, and non other, slight appetite suppressed. I just stay hydrated which is awesome. I wish I started on Vyvanse first...but with all things through trial and error, we learn. This medication is worth every penny! I'm even prepared to pay for my 30 days supply and include it in my monthly budget. What a lifesaver! Read More Read Less