Yea! No more periods. I started taking this after starting with Seasonique. You absolutely must take it at the same time every day. I cannot believe that I suffered through horrible PMS and periods all of these years. I was actually pondering a voluntary complete hysterectomy it was getting so bad. Last week I was in my closet and stumbled across my stack of boxes of tampons and pads I used ...

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/29/2016

My first pill pack (3 months) was perfect - no negative side effects. My breasts actually grew a cup size, my skin is clear, and I lost weight. Now in pack 2, month 5 and I have been bleeding for about a month straight. Some days very light, some days requiring a tampon or two throughout the day. Some days I also have cramping, like I'm experiencing an actual period. My doctor told me to stick it out for 3 full pill packs (9 months!) before getting concerned. Obviously less than ideal for a soon to be newlywed. I have never missed a pill and take it at the exact same time every day. I'm glad I found these reviews to see I'm not alone. I'm going to keep using the pills for the recommended 9 months from my doctor and hope that the mid cycle bleeding stops soon.

lastcher | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/10/2013
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I have been on Lybrel since late 2007...and I LOVE IT! I get my period every April, for about 3 days. I have lost the weight I gained from Depo and my mood swings even out. I swear by this and i have several friends who are now happily on this pill.

KMAC1010 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/6/2012

I've been on Lybrel for 4 years and I couldn't be happier with it. I used to get menstrual migraines and have serious PMS. I no longer have to ride the monthly emotional roller coaster with Lybrel. I started out spotting a little but after the first month or two this stopped. I recommend it to all women. You don't need to have your period, so why waste any time in your life dealing with that horrible thing when you don't have to? The only issue I have with Lybrel is the packet. It used to come in a dial that was easy to use. I find the newer blister packet days hard to sequentially follow.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/23/2012
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I took this pill for about a month. I was told that I may experience spotting since I started taking mid cycle. I started spotting then bleeding which lasted continuous until I completely stopped this pill. At least 11 days. I agree this pill probably effects people differently. I, however, had horrible side effects. The bleeding was heavy and I had worse cramps than my normal period. I also believe I had some adverse effects from the hormones. I felt very light headed and somewhat dizzy. Actually missing several days from work. I am somewhat sensitive to taking medications and after reading other reviews from women who had "breakthrough bleeding" which was actually heavy and lasting weeks at a time, I decided to stop it. I would not recommend this to anyone especially if your goal is to not have a period anymore.

Robyn9879 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/19/2012
Condition: Painful Periods

I have been on Lybrel since it came out (about 5 yrs ago) and I love it. Having no period is the best! I will stay on this as long as I can.No more mood swings, no more periods and cramps!!!