I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia in 2009 after a thorough 18-hour sleep study. I was started on Provigil originally, but changed to Nuvigil later due to insurance issues. I've had an equally positive experience on both of these medications with no side effects. I now sleep (and even dream) at night and remain alert and active during the day after taking the 150mg Nuvigil every morning...

Abbie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/22/2021

I have add. Dr. Tried Ritalin and adderall and I got edgy, angry, nauseated, and I couldn’t sleep. Those meds just added to my existing issues. Armodafinil is a lifesaver for me. I am now focused, motivated, and I no longer have the forgets. Added bonus, I get rested sleep at night. I have never in my life felt as good as I do now. This medication is truly a blessing for me.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/29/2020
Condition: Recurring Sleep Episodes During the Day

My insurance required me to use several medications before I could be approved for Nuvigil. I am narcoleptic with mild cataplexy and none of the first 4 trial meds had any effect. I started the Nuvigil and my symptoms have been alleviated by 70%. This med is a Godsend.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/19/2016
Condition: Recurring Sleep Episodes During the Day

I have Narcolepsy with very mild cataplexy and was changed to Nuvigil from Adderall due to high blood pressure and increased heart rate. Because Adderall was the most effective medication I have taken, I am rather disappointed by Nuvigil. I have no short term memory and my thoughts are foggy and jumbled in contrast to when using stimulants. Possible side effect I'm experiencing is increased perspiration. Effectiveness seems to depend on the day.

Kedar Joshi | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/25/2016

My experience with armodafinil: "How Armodafinil Changed My Life": https://works.bepress.com/kedar_joshi/52/

fibrolin | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/4/2013
Condition: Sleepiness Due To Obstructive Sleep Apnea

this drug is as effect if not more long lasting as Nuvigil or Provigil.