I have been on several anti-depressants over the past 30 years, but none made me feel like "my old self." Seroquel XR (I take 200 mg at night) has turned my life around. I no longer get so depressed that I want to hurt myself or others, and I am enjoying life more than I have in 30 years. I feel perfectly "normal" on this medication and credit it for saving my life.

My dad is on this med and it zombies him out! He's is super angry all the time on it. He does things that make no sense what-so-ever! Tore stove apart to clean but cleaned it with mayo cause the drug screwed him over bad!!! It has caused my parents to get divorced actually! He even asked his doctor to get off it and she made it higher dosage! People You DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM! Just look for the goo...

Bellows | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/25/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

All I can say is WOW! This has been such a game changer for me. I donâ??t obsess over things I canâ??t control, I still have all my feelings, (happy, sad, compassionate,secretive). I like that i feel like myself. I have felt antidepressants made me numb and have no sex drive and I couldnâ??t tell if they worked, or they worked TOO well. I take seraquel alone. I donâ??t take it with anything else. Iâ??m sleeping better, maybe to well. I have to make sure to take it at a reasonable time because I will fall asleep 30 min after taking it. I tend to need at least 12 hours of sleep with it. Thatâ??s the downfall. However for me itâ??s so much better than nights on end of nightmares, and no sleep. I use to have night sweats but seraquel has helped those stop. I donâ??t get at as irritable and imapatient. I find I am able to not be so in my head and more present. I havenâ??t had any disassociation episodes, suicidal thoughts, or anxiety attacks. I FEEL LIKE ME! I love it so much I could cry. I was in such a mental prison before. I felt like I was always climbing an endless mountain with my nails pulled off and fingers bleeding. I was tired and life was hard. Now I have motivation, started a business, have better relationships, able to work more and not be in a â??moodâ?. I love this stuff!

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/5/2021
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

This drug makes me feel very sick. I feel like I have the worst hangover ever when I wake up in the morning. I have to go back to bed until it passes. I've gained 80 pounds on this drug, and all I want to eat is sugar. I can't get any housework done or any type of excercise due to the fact that I'm exhausted 24 hours a day. I sit in front of television all day everyday because of exhaustion and no desire to do anything. I watch other people having fun including my husband as life passes me by. It does help me sleep but it's not worth being ill all the time. My doctor is weaning me off from this awful drug but it's going to take a long time. I have other problems with this medication but they are too numerous to mention.

Jaffa | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/5/2021
Condition: Manic-Depression

I've been on 1200mg per day for over 5.5 years plus other antidepressant meds. I stopped taking it when I started to collapse when I got up from lying down. I've basically spent the past 3 years in bed on average of 20 hours each day. I got to a point where I could have swapped my bed for a coffin I had no drive or interest in anything. I decided to get off the shit without my Dr's knowledge at the time. The first couple of days free I was abit emotional and agitated but that soon passed and I started to function like normal people and this has improved my overall outlook on life the downside is I've had insomnia for the past month and its causing me to be short tempered and agitated and sleeping meds have had no effect at all. I think it will be a while before my system gets back to normal due to the dosage and duration I was on seroquel

jennifer bounds | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/17/2019
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Depression

My treatment with this drug made me exhausted I had munchies gained weight i am the heaviest I have ever been. Worst of all it made me sleep walk I was in the back yard at one point. i have Major Depressive Disorder with anxiety difficulty sleeping I am now on a different med.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/24/2019
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I have been on 50 mg of Seroquel XR for 7 years with 1 mg of ativan when I need it. At first the medicine did wonders for me. I could sleep at night, wasn't having panic attacks on a daily basis, anxiety went down, and I felt normal again. However, after being on the same dose of it this long I am no longer getting those affects from it. Also I don't have bipolar or schizophrenia so don't know how useful it is to me anymore. I would say for people who need short term relief from severe anxiety/panic it is very helpful. I would say after taking it for about three or four years then I would get off it. The long term side effects are not worth it.