After several trials and errors, this medication changed my life. However, upon trying to obtain a refill of my prescription, I have been advised by Valeant Pharmaceuticals that it is out of the drug and it is back ordered until August, 2008. No warning, nothing. I don't know if a physician can prescribe a different medication which will give me similar results. It is very frustrating to find ...

Groovy1 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/3/2019
Condition: Diarrhea

I took Motofen for several years until it became unavailable. This was the only med I took for my Crohn’s disease and it was a wonder drug. I heard similar stories from others. So I’m elated that it is available again!!

wwolfcrick | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/25/2013
Condition: Diarrhea

I am 71 years old and had my last surgery and was diagnoised with crohnes disease in 1968 or 69. In about 1990 a Dr. perscribed Motofen when all other medications stopped working including lomotol and imodium etc. I took the motofen for approx. 20 years and it gave my life some meaning. Before I had to work around finding a bathroom and immediately. All of a sudden it disappeared from the market and for about 4 to 5 years I had to revert back to my old lifestyle and keep track of every bathroom available. Finally a Pharmisist friend of mine was able to find some and again my life change back to kind-of-normal. Now what is available is so expensive there is no way I can afford it. About $800.00 a month and my mediicare drug plan refuses to help me so I'm kind of back where I started. Have access to it but can't afford it. It's great he have great healthcare and great medications but if you can't afford them you are just out of luck. I really feel our healthcare system is broken and finanically unaffordable to the average individual. Thank You for letting me verbalize my frustations. In Medication trouble in Corpus Christi TX. Donald Steltzer e-mail address;[email protected]

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/20/2012
Condition: Diarrhea

Amazing drug. I have ibs-d. Only thing I can take and not have to worry about finding a bathroom. So happy it is back on the market!!!

poohawk | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/23/2010
Condition: Diarrhea

Taking Motofen, I feel as close to "normal" as I would imagine. Car trips, going out to dinner with friends, in short, going anywhere where finding a bathroom is uncertain...all is possible with Motofen. I call it my "miracle pill." Why is it off the market? Help!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/23/2010
Condition: Diarrhea

I have Crohns. The ease of using Motofen has made my life much easier. This medication has given me the confidence to be able to go on outings with my family that would not be consider without Motofen.